Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had my wisdom teeth removed today...

Posted by   + Show Post
All 4 of them at once. I'm not feeling so great. Does anybody want to share their story of healing up from this very quickly and cheer me up??
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Do you mean your back tooth was overlapping it/ in the way? I was just wondering, because ALL my back teeth are crowding y wisdom teeth, causing them to be partially out, but they are under my back teeth because I have large teeth/small mouth. I was just windering if they remove the back teeth too.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had one out last October. It was impacted and they had to remove the molar in front of it. I ended up with dry socket. Honestly it wasnt the worse pain I have experienced but it was bad. I think I only lost part of the clot and not the whole thing. The pain was relieved within one hour of having it packed. I lived with the pain for a week before I even went in. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Ugh you got oxy, I just got generic vicoden. ..didn't do shit. had to borrow hubs percacets sp?

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

Had mine removed Tuesday -- I feel your pain! I was prescribed oxy. I took two Tuesday and none since. Although today I've been in a lot of pain!!

LOVEZOEY
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM

dang.. those things are funny :)

Quoting avasmama1375:

No! Thankfully my sister wasnt around that sounds like something she would do lol

Quoting LOVEZOEY:

did someone make one of those funny videos of you after the surgery like on youtube?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:34 PM
You would be in so much pain you'd contemplate suicide.

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

What is that exactly? How would I know if I got that? Mine were taken out Tuesday 

Quoting Anonymous:

Dry socket is the most painful ailment known to man

cacajoni2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Mine was painful, because all four were impacted. Fortunately, my mom worked for the doctor, so she knew exactly what to do to keep me comfortable. Definitely remember to take your meds, and keep it consistent. Use ice packs, they're your best friend. Rest is the most important thing. I was back to normal after about 5 or 6 days :) I had them out on a Friday and went back to school on a Wednesday (I had the monday off of school already, but I took Tuesday just to make sure that I was back to normal). 

2ArfarasMom
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Yeah I didn't know what to expect since I never take pain pills. For me to even take an ib profin takes a lot. The oxy just made me very dizzy and sleepy. So I took the two the day I got them and that was it. But it's interesting that the day after I had hardly any pain, and today I've been in so much pain. It sucks!
Quoting Crymsm:

Ugh you got oxy, I just got generic vicoden. ..didn't do shit. had to borrow hubs percacets sp?

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

Had mine removed Tuesday -- I feel your pain! I was prescribed oxy. I took two Tuesday and none since. Although today I've been in a lot of pain!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:37 PM
My wisdom tooth was impacted sideways and it was pushing on the nerve on the tooth in front of it. I had three consults and nobody would remove the wisdom tooth without taking the molar. I have a small mouth and everything is crammed together.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you mean your back tooth was overlapping it/ in the way? I was just wondering, because ALL my back teeth are crowding y wisdom teeth, causing them to be partially out, but they are under my back teeth because I have large teeth/small mouth. I was just windering if they remove the back teeth too.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had one out last October. It was impacted and they had to remove the molar in front of it. I ended up with dry socket. Honestly it wasnt the worse pain I have experienced but it was bad. I think I only lost part of the clot and not the whole thing. The pain was relieved within one hour of having it packed. I lived with the pain for a week before I even went in. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

2ArfarasMom
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Lol well I've been in a lot of pain today although haven't contemplated suicide so I think we're good 

Quoting Anonymous:

You would be in so much pain you'd contemplate suicide.

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

What is that exactly? How would I know if I got that? Mine were taken out Tuesday 

Quoting Anonymous:

Dry socket is the most painful ailment known to man

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Sorry, I don't have any good stories for you. I ended up with a dry socket, I had a bad reaction to the vicodin (so I had very little pain relief), and half my lip was numb for a year because they bruised my nerve. I'm just glad it's all over.
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I was completely off pain meds by the third day, and never took anything stronger than Tylenol. (I had three impacted and one regular tooth.)

The swelling took about ten days to go down, and it was a little while before I had full range of motion in my jaw again, but at least it didn't hurt :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured