Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Top $ jobs without college

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:46 PM
  • 99 Replies

Do you or anyone you know work in these jobs? The numbers are from a report by the Bureau of Labor Statistics

Job and median income

Manager, other  $96,000

Transportation manager  $80,000

Police supervisor  $78,000

Nuclear power operator $76,000

Elevator installer $71,000       Really?

Power distributor  $69,000

Supervisor, non-retail sales $69,000

Detective $69,000

Fashion designer $65,000

Power plant operator $63,000

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilliesValley
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:48 PM
5 moms liked this

I'm kind of worried about the power plant operator an dnuclear power operator, power distributer could be in that category too. Makes me think of a Homer Simpson being in charge or watching over things. LOL, scary.

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Store manager's of Walmart make around $100k a year. No degree required.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PookiePanda
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Model,actor,singer..

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM
4 moms liked this
Those are all people that have spent years in the industry, probably decades, getting to know how it all works before they get to that kind of position. I'd rather have them than some kiddo right out of college that thinks they know everything and has no experience.

Quoting LilliesValley:

I'm kind of worried about the power plant operator an dnuclear power operator, power distributer could be in that category too. Makes me think of a Homer Simpson being in charge or watching over things. LOL, scary.

rachellaree20
by Rachel on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Well, a fast-food restaurant manager definitely isn't one of those :/  i only made $7.90/hour as a fast food manager :(

Verrine
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Nuclear power and regular power plant operator both say NO experience required but does say long on-the-job training. 

Quoting shadow_lark:

Those are all people that have spent years in the industry, probably decades, getting to know how it all works before they get to that kind of position. I'd rather have them than some kiddo right out of college that thinks they know everything and has no experience.
Quoting LilliesValley:

LilliesValley
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM

That is true. I didn't think of it like that. LOL, but that was still my initial thought. I didn't know if you would be in the industry for years or not. You know Homer got his job right out of high school? LOL.

Quoting shadow_lark:

Quoting LilliesValley:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I know two people in nuclear power but they arent operators. One is a tech and one in sales. Neither with degrees and they make twice what is listed up there.

SunshneDaydream
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:57 PM

What kind of manager makes $96K???  Not mine.  I make more money than my manager.  My good friend is a manager too and she's broke as shit all the time!

SunshneDaydream
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Only successful ones...
Quoting PookiePanda:

Model,actor,singer..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN