Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

excuuuuse me for not wanting to shoplift.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 139 Replies
D.h. usually does all the grocery shopping by himself. The last two times, he's come back bragging that he got the bottled water for free. He always gets two huge packs of bottled waters, and he puts them in the bottom of the basket and doesn't put them on the conveyor and the cashier forgot to check the bottom of the basket, so he didn't get charged. The first time, I figured he hadn't realized it before he left so I didn't give him any grief about it. The second time, I figured he probably purposely let them overlook it, and I told him that's not right.

Tonight, we all went shopping together, and while we're in the checkout, I see that d.h has not only the two things of water but also a big 24 pack of Dr Pepper down on the bottom, and he loads everything on the conveyor except what's on the bottom. I'm holding the baby, so I ask my two older kids to put the water and soda on the conveyor. They start to, but then d.h. tells them to put it back. I say, ''Well, I'm just afraid we might all forget it's down there and we'll accidentally leave without paying for it.'' The cashier says, ''It's o.k. I can scan it from there. It's better for my back that way, anyway.''

We get out to the car and d.h. gripes at me for, ''running my mouth.'' He mocks me, saying, ''Oh, please, don-t forget to charge us! We have all kinds of money!" I say that my conscience would have bothered me otherwise. What do you ladies think?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:58 PM
6 moms liked this
I agree with you.
Jessicamarquez
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:58 PM
I agree with you eek id slap my bf if he did that not good karma to bring home
LCG83
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:58 PM
8 moms liked this
Your husband is a greedy ass. I'd be beyond pissed at him. Stealing, lying and then bitching at you. FUCK HIM.
Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:59 PM
6 moms liked this
I think that you did the right thing, and if he has done it twice already, then what else has he stole? The security of that store is probably already watching him when he comes in, just trying to catch him stealing something else.
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:59 PM
6 moms liked this
I would be worried about his morals.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea he is stealing
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:59 PM
2 moms liked this

Your husband would HATE me.  If I realise I forgot to pay for something, I always go back in.  Even if I have made it all the way home, and have taken off my real clothes and gotten comfortable. If I can not make it back that day, I call the store and let them know I will be back the next day.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:59 PM

i agree with you. Honestly if the store misses it and Im home before I realize it then o well but I don't set out to deceive them. 

Photo: -Randi.

ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:00 PM
3 moms liked this
I agree that my morals are more important to me than what that water and soda costs.
QuirkyMom26
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Doesn't your Walmart normally check your receipt on your way out for things like that?  They do at ours.  ...and if something isn't on the receipt they send you back to the register.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured