Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

In laws...need I say more?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:31 PM
  • 2 Replies

My sil asked if my dd12 could spend the night THURSDAY night, and then they were taking her to a dance at their church Friday evening, after which she would go home around 9:30.  I agreed.  I was going to meet sil at Target at 4pm since she lives so far away (about an hour) from me and I offered to meet her halfway.  Same day we are supposed to meet at 4, she texts me and asks can she pick her up early at 2 instead from my house since she's doing errands that way anyway. I say sure, we'll be here. So...2:30 rolls around and NO sil.  I have changed my plans and my day and am now waiting around at home with dd.  I txt her and say "ya'll coming?". she said ya they're running late at the store. I get frustrated and I have other things to do, and I'm not waiting around.  I tell dd have fun, I have to go and get my errands done. DD says bye and I leave with younger dds.  Sil txts me at 3:30 and says she picked up dd. I say ok thanks.  One and a half hours late.  (?!!??) mkay.  So Friday is here, I go 35 min away to pick up dd at church dance.  I call and leave message to sil saying I'm coming at 9:30.  Call dd12 twice and she doesn't answer.  I arrive at church and my instinct was correct, dd doesn't have her clothes or anything. I tell bil, "I thought we just agreed to Thursday night, no one ever said anything to me about Friday night too."  He said "Well, you can take her if you want." I said "She doesn't have her things though."  Their house is far from the church. Long story short, I drove 1 hour and 15 minutes, wasted my time and gas, because of their UTTER LACK OF COMMUNICATION AND UNRELIABILITY. Sil laughed and said sorry for the miscommunication but omg, every time we try to do something with them it's the same thing.  

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
peachesforme
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:35 PM

bump

newmom121812
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:38 PM
then stop doing things with them plain and simple.

they ask why tell them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN