Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I NEVER THOUGH ABOUT IT HAVE U !!!

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:12 AM
  • 109 Replies

Mobile Photo

Have you every thought that one string of hair could hurt your baby to the point the finger toe or gentiles end up with no circulation and has to be cut off?
I never did Intel I was at my son Dr's office an my second son starting crying out of no where again like he did early that day I look and did see why no teething, he wasn't wet, wasn't hungry you know the normal stuff a baby cries for well any way we got to the room and the Dr look at him and seen a strand of my hair wrap around my son toe it was and a Lil swollen and red but we got it in time before it could do any damage to his toe so now and his Dr say it a common thing that a lot a parents don't realize it happen it sometime it too late he also say he has seen few case that this has happen so now I keep a very close eye on them just to be sure it does happen to my son again.
What you thoughts have any of you had this expense?
P.S this is a picture I found on the net this isn't my son
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:13 AM
awww poor baby! My hair was so long when ds was an infant. I use to find my hair in his diaper all the time, never thought about it cutting off circulation.
jojo_382
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Oh I know me ether it it happen to my son toe and when I was looking for a pic to post there,was a story about this baby boy genital had to but cut off BC of this happen at sad but surprising this can happen and though about it

Quoting mlg1989:

awww poor baby! My hair was so long when ds was an infant. I use to find my hair in his diaper all the time, never thought about it cutting off circulation.

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:19 AM
oh my.

Quoting jojo_382:

Oh I know me ether it it happen to my son toe and when I was looking for a pic to post there,was a story about this baby boy genital had to but cut off BC of this happen at sad but surprising this can happen and though about it

Quoting mlg1989:

Jess-Jax0711
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Poor baby... my hair has always been long n we know babies like to pull on mommies hair so I would find it not around but on their neck and sometimes their diaper too. No damage tho thank God.
Oceana09
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:21 AM

I've seen this all over facebook today too.

cmeeso
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:22 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes, it was the first thing my grandmother warned me about. So I always made sure during those times, especially when I was breast feeding that my hair was up in a tight bun. My grandmother gave me anxiety attacks with her stories.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Yes. My sister works in a hair salon. I've seen what hair can do to a person, it's gross! Glad the baby is ok :)

Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:24 AM
2 moms liked this

My son was just a few days old and a string from the baby mittens I had on him wrapped around one of his fingers while he slept. When he woke up I took it off. His finger was red and starting to swell and I FREAKED out. Cut it off him. There was no permanent damage, but I was so upset. 

LCG83
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:24 AM
The hospital warned me about it so I checked all the time. It is scary one hair can do so much damage.
LCG83
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry I'm immature but I seriously lol'd at "up in a tight bum". Lmao.

Quoting cmeeso:

Yes, it was the first thing my grandmother warned me about. So I always made sure during those times, especially when I was breast feeding that my hair was up in a tight bum. My grandmother gave me anxiety attacks with her stories.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN