Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I NEVER THOUGH ABOUT IT HAVE U !!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Have you every thought that one string of hair could hurt your baby to the point the finger toe or gentiles end up with no circulation and has to be cut off?
I never did Intel I was at my son Dr's office an my second son starting crying out of no where again like he did early that day I look and did see why no teething, he wasn't wet, wasn't hungry you know the normal stuff a baby cries for well any way we got to the room and the Dr look at him and seen a strand of my hair wrap around my son toe it was and a Lil swollen and red but we got it in time before it could do any damage to his toe so now and his Dr say it a common thing that a lot a parents don't realize it happen it sometime it too late he also say he has seen few case that this has happen so now I keep a very close eye on them just to be sure it does happen to my son again.
What you thoughts have any of you had this expense?
P.S this is a picture I found on the net this isn't my son
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Replies (21-30):
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:41 AM
I'm actually super paranoid about this, and check to make sure no hairs have fallen into DS's diaper at every change for this reason.
Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:42 AM

He didn't cry until I cut it off. Getting the feeling back in it probably hurt. Even then it wasn't a hysterical cry. I'm pretty sure I was the more upset one. lol

Quoting jojo_382:

Oh my goodness well good thing there was no permitted damage did he cry at all

Quoting Glitchtastic:

My son was just a few days old and a string from the baby mittens I had on him wrapped around one of his fingers while he slept. When he woke up I took it off. His finger was red and starting to swell and I FREAKED out. Cut it off him. There was no permanent damage, but I was so upset. 

jojo_382
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Aww wow yes I also keep my hair when changing his dapper BC of this happen and awww poor auntie hopeful she hasn't become paranoid about it

Quoting liltampa71:

This happened to my son after coming home from his dad's.  His aunt had changed him and her hair had wrapped around his penis.  He was crying, and I noticed it when I changed his diapers.  I scooped my hair back when I changed him because I had read about this happening.  Obviously I didn't blame the aunt, but did ask her to double check the diaper for  hair before she closed it up after changing him.  She felt really bad, but it's such a freak thing I told her she shouldn't

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Until. Sorry, you're a repeat offender! Lol :)

Quoting jojo_382:

Yea I never though hair can be sooooo damn dangers Intel this happen

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Yes. My sister works in a hair salon. I've seen what hair can do to a person, it's gross! Glad the baby is ok :)

jojo_382
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Aww yea I agree im being paranoid about it too now hopeful I and the other person( which I didn't know someone already posted about this today) didn't scare the wits out of you

Quoting PinkHart:

I didn't know it could happen until reading it here. Now I'm paranoid as shit when I have my next lol. I did share this story (not yours the first one posted) with Df and told him to check fingers, toes and penis if baby is crying for no obvious reason!

liltampa71
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:48 AM

This was years ago, my son is 13 now.  I was really careful to reassure her it's an easy thing to not think about.  I think she was paranoid the first few times after, but now she is a happy, confident mom herself.

Sometimes I'd tuck my hair in my shirt in the back if I didn't have time to put it up, but just out of the way.

Quoting jojo_382:

Aww wow yes I also keep my hair when changing his dapper BC of this happen and awww poor auntie hopeful she hasn't become paranoid about it

Quoting liltampa71:

This happened to my son after coming home from his dad's.  His aunt had changed him and her hair had wrapped around his penis.  He was crying, and I noticed it when I changed his diapers.  I scooped my hair back when I changed him because I had read about this happening.  Obviously I didn't blame the aunt, but did ask her to double check the diaper for  hair before she closed it up after changing him.  She felt really bad, but it's such a freak thing I told her she shouldn't

PinkHart
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Not necessarily scared but more aware and observant.

Quoting jojo_382:

Aww yea I agree im being paranoid about it too now hopeful I and the other person( which I didn't know someone already posted about this today) didn't scare the wits out of you

Quoting PinkHart:

I didn't know it could happen until reading it here. Now I'm paranoid as shit when I have my next lol. I did share this story (not yours the first one posted) with Df and told him to check fingers, toes and penis if baby is crying for no obvious reason!

jojo_382
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Hmm hospitals here never said a thing maybe it should.be mandatory to tell mother about this kind of things

Quoting raye-chan:

The hospital warned us that this could possibly happen and to always wear my hair up. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:50 AM
It happened to my little brothers best friend when they were babies, I've always kept an eye out for it. Glad you caught it on time!
jojo_382
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:51 AM
I well definitely do that if it help someone and everyone to stop this happing

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Maybe you should post this in the pregnancy group. It does help to be forewarned about this kind of thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN