Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I NEVER THOUGH ABOUT IT HAVE U !!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Have you every thought that one string of hair could hurt your baby to the point the finger toe or gentiles end up with no circulation and has to be cut off?
I never did Intel I was at my son Dr's office an my second son starting crying out of no where again like he did early that day I look and did see why no teething, he wasn't wet, wasn't hungry you know the normal stuff a baby cries for well any way we got to the room and the Dr look at him and seen a strand of my hair wrap around my son toe it was and a Lil swollen and red but we got it in time before it could do any damage to his toe so now and his Dr say it a common thing that a lot a parents don't realize it happen it sometime it too late he also say he has seen few case that this has happen so now I keep a very close eye on them just to be sure it does happen to my son again.
What you thoughts have any of you had this expense?
P.S this is a picture I found on the net this isn't my son
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Replies (31-40):
jojo_382
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Oh wow crazy and scary I would just keep my hair up so my son wouldn't get to my hair. But the good thing is Nothen happen to you son

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Yup, happened to me the very first day I brought him home but on his hand. He always had his hands in my hair and this happened a few times -.-

kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:54 AM

i knew that, i also kept a close eye on their fingers and toes. thats why babies arent supposed to have afghan blankets :)

Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:55 AM
I never had it happen to my kids but I am always cautious of it. My hair is about two feet long, so its almost always pulled back into a pony tail. I have had my oldest eat some of my strands of hair and end up with them dangling out his but when I change him.... He eats a lot of weird things.
MissMia22
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:56 AM
They were worried ds had hair on his penis he was in so much pain at diaper changes.....luckily it wasnt that but.sadly he had horribly acidic poop :(
raye-chan
by Raye on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:56 AM

The one I delivered at was doing a lot of changing. The nurse told me that a couple years ago they never told new moms that but after having some incidents over the years, they changed their policy. It might be a good idea to let other new parents know though!

Quoting jojo_382:

Hmm hospitals here never said a thing maybe it should.be mandatory to tell mother about this kind of things

Quoting raye-chan:

The hospital warned us that this could possibly happen and to always wear my hair up. 

jojo_382
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Lol same here I think I was more freak out and paranoid then he was and his Dr reassure me that everything Is fine an not to worry

Quoting Glitchtastic:

He didn't cry until I cut it off. Getting the feeling back in it probably hurt. Even then it wasn't a hysterical cry. I'm pretty sure I was the more upset one. lol

Quoting jojo_382:

Oh my goodness well good thing there was no permitted damage did he cry at all

Quoting Glitchtastic:

My son was just a few days old and a string from the baby mittens I had on him wrapped around one of his fingers while he slept. When he woke up I took it off. His finger was red and starting to swell and I FREAKED out. Cut it off him. There was no permanent damage, but I was so upset. 

amberlyp
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:57 AM
I'm glad I read this
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Never heard of it nor experienced it.

And I have long hair.

Good to know, though.
jojo_382
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Lol yea repeat offender

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Until. Sorry, you're a repeat offender! Lol :)

Quoting jojo_382:

Yea I never though hair can be sooooo damn dangers Intel this happen

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Yes. My sister works in a hair salon. I've seen what hair can do to a person, it's gross! Glad the baby is ok :)

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:02 AM

I'm sorry. I could not help myself, period from hell, day #2. 

Quoting jojo_382:

Lol yea repeat offender

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Until. Sorry, you're a repeat offender! Lol :)

Quoting jojo_382:

Yea I never though hair can be sooooo damn dangers Intel this happen

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Yes. My sister works in a hair salon. I've seen what hair can do to a person, it's gross! Glad the baby is ok :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN