Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does this sound like autism? Should I be concerned?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 102 Replies
1 mom liked this
I will try and explain. My oldest dd she is 3, only turned 3 a month ago. A few people have started making comments such as, she bumped her heads and a friend tried to pick her up, she screamed, like really screamed to be put down and just wanted me. She has phases on and off with her sleeping habits and right now barely sleeping at all, foods she like a week ago she refuses to eat. She repeats things but more in a way like "mummy mummy mummy mummy mummy" she doesn't like anyone getting to close, unless its close family but she has a big attatchment to me. She does have some behavior issues, such as, using an attitude, throwing toys, having tantrums. But on the other hand, she laughs a lot, plays imaginary games, can count to 15, knows all her colors, and is a big talker.
She is not overly affectionate but with me and her father she is. She also plays well with other children.
I just wanted some opinions because some people are saying they are shocked by some of the things listed above as in their opinion most kids my daughters age don't do
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Bump
rgba
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:11 AM
Doesn't sound like it to me...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:43 AM
Does anything about that sound like any sort of concern? I'm confused as to why people seem to be bewildered by this

Quoting rgba:

momof2ex1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:44 AM
3 moms liked this
Doesn't sound like autism but sounds like a 3 year old with who gets what she wants when she wants it. She'll grow out of it. If she has any kind of attachment to you or anyone else, she likely is just fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:45 AM
Not to me. People like to diagnose and give their opinion on other people's kids all the time. You know what they say about opinions right?

Quoting Anonymous:

Does anything about that sound like any sort of concern? I'm confused as to why people seem to be bewildered by this

Quoting rgba:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:47 AM
True, it's just the friend who picked her up when she was hurt claimed she screamed bloody murder for mummy and to be put down and that's apparently not normal.

Quoting momof2ex1:

Not to me. People like to diagnose and give their opinion on other people's kids all the time. You know what they say about opinions right?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting rgba:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:48 AM
My husband travels a lot so her entire life it's been mostly me, I rarely ever leave her.

Quoting momof2ex1:

Doesn't sound like autism but sounds like a 3 year old with who gets what she wants when she wants it. She'll grow out of it. If she has any kind of attachment to you or anyone else, she likely is just fine.

elliotmommytobe
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Doesnt quite sound like it but there are a couple things on that list that could be signs such as the not be affectionate and not wanting to be touched. But for the most part it doesnt sound like autism to me because she does interact with other children and a lot of children with autism dont interact with a lot of people at that age
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:51 AM
She gives cuddles but, she doesn't like anyone getting to close unless, it's me, her dad, grandparents etc

Quoting elliotmommytobe:

Doesnt quite sound like it but there are a couple things on that list that could be signs such as the not be affectionate and not wanting to be touched. But for the most part it doesnt sound like autism to me because she does interact with other children and a lot of children with autism dont interact with a lot of people at that age

momof2ex1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:52 AM
Maybe she doesn't like your friend.

Quoting Anonymous:

True, it's just the friend who picked her up when she was hurt claimed she screamed bloody murder for mummy and to be put down and that's apparently not normal.

Quoting momof2ex1:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting rgba:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN