Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im not a "real" grown up because....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 119 Replies

I'm not a "real" grown up (at 25yo) because I cannot fully function on less than 6 hours of sleep. Even with caffiene. It happens at least once a week though thanks to my kids, as I know is the case with pretty much every parent on the face of the earth, and i usually get just enough to get by.

But I turn into a sensitive, clumsy, mess on less than 5... which happens about once a month. Biggest reason I kept the kids in bed with me as infants... So I could sleep. 

But it seems whenever someone asks me what is up because it can be obvious I'm not able to concentrate and get stuff done, and I say "I am running on 4 or 5 hours of sleep (or less even... im running on 3 today, which is what inspired this post)" I get a "welcome to being an adult" or "Well I sleep less than that every night" response... even from my DH, (who btw sleeps at least a full 8 EVERY NIGHT and trys telling me he sleeps less than me... and is the BIGGEST jerk if he doesnt get 10 hours)

I have to work tonight, fml, there will be no naps in my future either. Im gong to be on a caffiene drip all day and night so I can keep my composure tonight at work. 

What is your "Im not a 'real' grown up because..."

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imakehimscream
by He screams on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:34 AM
7 moms liked this
I still am in love with the backstreet boys
sam12796
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:36 AM
2 moms liked this

I have never had anyone tell me that sorry. Your husband is an ass and you let him do it to you. Tell him you are in a partnership in marriage and he needs to step up and help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:36 AM
I sleep with a stuffed elephant everynight
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:36 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting imakehimscream:

well... arent we all?! LMAO  

(anyone who says they arent is a liar!!!)

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:37 AM

I guess I would be the same as you--I have seizures and I need at least 6 hours and 45 minutes of sleep plus one nap (at least 15 to 20 minutes) a day to properly function.  Yes I have gotten it down to the minutes of how long I need to sleep.  This also prevents me from having seizures when I recieve the proper amount of sleep. I should be fine today for I got 7.5 hours of sleep- 9:30 pm until 5 am

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Whah, whah, whah, that's all I got from this. I AM a REAL grownup
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Gag, never liked them, never will

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting imakehimscream:

well... arent we all?! LMAO  

(anyone who says they arent is a liar!!!)

ThreeReasons123
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Because I watch vampire diaries lol but I watch with MY MOM so, I don't feel that silly. Plus come on, they're hot.
ThreeReasons123
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:40 AM
I used to date a guy that looked like aj lol! I was more into nkotb (of course im an 80s kid) than bsb, I only know like 3 songs lol

Quoting Anonymous:Gag, never liked them, never will

Quoting Anonymous:Quoting imakehimscream:I still am in love with the backstreet boyswell... arent we all?! LMAO  (anyone who says they arent is a liar!!!)
summerlove3677
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:41 AM

i write fan fiction

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)