Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wtf is a lingerie shower?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

I got invited to one and I'm sitting here going "what the fuck is this?" 

help.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Verrine
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:37 AM

Is this for someone who's getting married? 

MamaRae85
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:43 AM

LOL It's a shower for the bride, in which you get her lingerie, basically. In my experience, most people go for pretty, tasteful things because the bride usually opens them in front of everyone. They can be revealing, but not "slutty".

At many parties, though, raunch is pretty much part of the humor and fun of the night. People get sex toys and role-playing outfits for the bride. Sex games and stuff like that are also given. I HATE those parties, but for those who like them, it's apparently hilarious.

I'm hoping that based on the invitation and what you know of the people hosting the party and the bride, that you can tell which kind of party it is, and plan accordingly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Yes.

Quoting Verrine:

Is this for someone who's getting married? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Usually they are like a passion party. Someone is trying to sale lingerie to you. Some people even dress in lingerie during the party.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:44 AM

It was just a text message saying "i'm having a lingerie party saturday, i'd like for you to come. kids welcome" 

so im like ok do i give you a thong or

Quoting MamaRae85:

LOL It's a shower for the bride, in which you get her lingerie, basically. In my experience, most people go for pretty, tasteful things because the bride usually opens them in front of everyone. They can be revealing, but not "slutty".

At many parties, though, raunch is pretty much part of the humor and fun of the night. People get sex toys and role-playing outfits for the bride. Sex games and stuff like that are also given. I HATE those parties, but for those who like them, it's apparently hilarious.

I'm hoping that based on the invitation and what you know of the people hosting the party and the bride, that you can tell which kind of party it is, and plan accordingly.

disneymom2two
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Usually they are like a passion party. Someone is trying to sale lingerie to you. Some people even dress in lingerie during the party.

In my experience, that would be a lingerie party, not a lingerie shower.  I don't know anyone who has lingerie showers any longer but when they were popular here, there wasn't anyone trying to sell lingerie there nor did anyone wear lingerie to it.  If someone showed up to a shower in lingerie, that would be very odd at least in my area.

brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:46 AM

A shower before the wedding where people gift you lingerie. So basically all of these people know what you will be wearing to do your husband lol

I went to one and I think it is kind of weird. Personally I would rather choose my lingerie myself. People can buy me small appliances and tupperware lol

brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:47 AM

The one I went to was a pajama party too. People wore their pjs

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:48 AM

either its related to a wedding shower in that you buy lingerie, or its a lingerie party as in she is selling it, often they have a woman modelling it too....

MamaRae85
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Oh, okay. The "kids welcome" thing may mean that she's not going to open the gifts in front of anyone. But in case she does, you could give her some nice undies (like a thong), or maybe one of those nightie sets, similar to this:

I'd probably also include something a little fun, like one of those little "love coupon" books or the little dice.

Of course, these are just some suggestions. You know her better than I do (I presume. lol), so I'm sure you'll find something she'll like.

Quoting Anonymous:

It was just a text message saying "i'm having a lingerie party saturday, i'd like for you to come. kids welcome" 

so im like ok do i give you a thong or

Quoting MamaRae85:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured