Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband works for rent a center ask me anything!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

No we do t have any of their merchandise in our home.  We already owned everything we needed before he got the job 2 yrs ago.  

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Any horror stories from disgruntled renters?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:09 AM

How much does he make?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:09 AM

I bought my couch from rent a center. We didn't really know anything about them. We went in and bought it out right for $200. We got a discount because it had a small dot of nail polish. 

I noticed a lot of people though coming in with their accounts over due. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Every time I read the paper & there has been some sort of arrest on the front page I tell my hubby the name to see if its a customer!  Lol for the most part it's ok he works over 60 hrs a week as a store manager he makes 800+ each week plus any store incentives.  

He always sees past due people when were out with our kids on his day off it can be awkward!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Omg & last thanksgiving my uncles love child asked my grandmother what our family was doing I always host thanksgiving so we invited her and her s/o & thier dd.  joking around I told my husband they were coming but I didn't know last names or where they lived.  Turns out my cousins s/o was a delinquent customer!  What an uncomfortable situation!  I enjoyed meeting my cousin & her family but her s/o kept making comments.  "Oh your dh can give you our # he must have in memorized" or "you don't need us to give you our address your dh has it". I have tried continuing a relationship with my cousin she doesn't respond.  

KymberleeAnn
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Do he ever come home smelling like stale furniture?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I bought a washer outright from a RAC once. Only time I've ever gotten anything from a RAC but I've had plenty of neighbors with RAC furniture.
I've always assumed it was low income people getting furniture/appliances from there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:28 AM

No they clean everything and if they do pick up a questionable item they leave it in the back of the box truck & have an exterminator bomb the truck with the furniture in it then they disinfect it.  They had a flea scare & then the bed but issue was big they did it a few times as a precaution better to pay a professional than to have bad pr!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Do they call your family, friends, neighbors and employer to demand payment?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Do they have any deals going on?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)