Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Line Up!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

My daughter is about to turn 2 and she has been doing something I find very strange....... she takes her toys and lines them up in perfect formation. She will do this with balls, stacking rings, toy phones, anything! She also sorts them, for example by color. Ive also noticed she likes placing her stacking rings flat in a line then place one of her ball pit balls into each ring. She doesn't talk very much yet (we are working with her) but she will babble while doing this. Anyone seen a toddler do this?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SWasson
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:01 AM

They do that at that age. Perfectly normal.

jenaree
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:01 AM

my daughter does that too, doesn't mean autism or anything like that. That is a developmental step for them, organizing and sorting. My daughter would do that with socks, her food, etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:15 AM

BUMP!

kmrtigger
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:17 AM
If she isn't talking much have her hearing tested. She may have hearing problems.

Other than that pretty normal stuff for a child that age.
liels898
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:20 AM
That's pretty normal and she's just having some fun.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Perfectly normal! My DD did it all the time at that age. It can be a sign of brilliance is what her pediatrician said to me when I brought it up. 

She is now 7 years old and extremely intelligent. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM

My ds like to do that with his animals....All the green thiings in a pile....red things.....hard things. He did not start talking until after 2, and then he kind of just exploded words....short sentences.....ABCs numbers up to 15

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:29 AM

My DS did that all the time with his cars...Perfectly fine.

krissy920
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:32 AM

pretty normal both of my kids have done it.. my son whos  super advanced for his age ( not a genius lol) was doing it by  12 months and would line up an entire 2 boxes of  hot wheels cars  by color. Kids love to do that kind of stuff.

zombieskayer
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:32 AM

My son has done that since 9 months old, we found out at 18 months old that he is autistic. Just because she lines up doesn't mean she does, but since she is two and doesn't really talk she just babbles I would just get her checked. Idk if it depends on the state but in PA if they are still babbleing around 18 months old they usually suggest for you to meet with an early intervention team. They work wonders and have helped my little one out so much.

MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)