Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Can't be the Only One Who Finds This NASTY!!! *ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies

Let me start by saying I am currently 9 pounds overweight (after losing 11 on the Atkins diet last week) 

What disgusts me is when severely obese women constantly make terrible food choices and wonder why they are fat...I have a friend from high school on Facebook. Yesterday she posted a picture of 4 HUGE cupcakes her boyfriend bought her and her first status of today was "I just NEED a Grande Soy Java Chip with caramel and chocolate on top and around the cup. Extra whipped cream" My first though to both was "Ewww!" And not only did she eat all four cupcakes (as mentioned in another status) she complained that they tasted like boxed cake and this other cupcake store was better. That annoyed me because if I went out of my way to get a gift for my man and he was like "Well, this place is better" I'd be hurt. 

Now, I'm not saying that overweight people don't deserve to have cake at a birthday party, or something like that. But to CONSTANTLY eat sugars and then complain that you can't lose weight (as my friend often does) Is just plain annoying! 

Side Annoyance: When girls walk around with their boobs half showing and get mad when people think they're slutty. Only one man gets to see my goodies! 

These are the cupcakes. 

EDIT: I am not unfriending her. We are still friends and in High School we were "besties" Our children are a month apart and we talk about mom stuff all of the time. She moved away a few years ago with her new man, so I haven't had a chance to see her. Facebook is just how we connect. Anyway,  I am just using her as an example of the obese people constantly eating bad food. I'm not only irrated at her, but the huge people at buffets eating only dessert, ect.  I know that everybody has to eat to live but damn. If healthy weight people can eat well why can't fat people?! 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TeamTARDIS
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:39 AM
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:40 AM
4 moms liked this

Wow, wtf? It's not your business. If she makes you sick, don't be her friend! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:40 AM
4 moms liked this
Let the fat bitch eat her cake dammit
Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I don't think she's 'wondering' why she is over-weight. What upsets you is none of your business. If she offends you by being over-weight, then do her a favor and stay away from her instead of gossipping about your so-called 'friend'.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Theres an "unfriend" option.

Not like you're a very good one anyway.

funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Why are you friends with her? With friends like you she doesn't need enemies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:43 AM

She is wondering. She posts status updates all of the time about how she's trying to lose weight. Which is what annoys me. Get motivated and stop  living off the drive thru and your precious Starbucks!! She doesn't offend me because she's super fat. it's the way she eats and then the complaining I don't like.

Quoting Sanctimommy:

I don't think she's 'wondering' why she is over-weight. What upsets you is none of your business. If she offends you by being over-weight, then do her a favor and stay away from her instead of gossipping about your so-called 'friend'.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:44 AM
3 moms liked this

While I do sort of agree with you on your main rant, your side annoyance irks me.  Clothing does not determine worth.  Nobody should be thinking someone is a slut based on how they're dressed.  We should be able to dress as we see fit without insecure prudish assholes thinking we're morally defective.

1stpreggers
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:45 AM
I always shudder when I see huge ppl on a scooter in buffet lines . I just think damn haven't you had enough?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:45 AM

And on a side note, even if she is publicly griping about A, B and C while doing the opposite to remedy it, why does it matter to you?  If it bugs you, defriend her, just as others have suggested. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured