Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think it's weird for married women to

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 152 Replies
use condoms.

Do you use barrier protection after marriage or the pill?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

i have a box of condoms in my bedside table but we never get around to using them, so unprotected sex it is. why is it weird to use them? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:53 PM

we use condoms just because I don't use hormonal birth control so its pretty much our only option. but my husband ends up taking it off halfway thru most of the time anyways and pulling out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Sometimes we use condoms. Mostly we use the POM. And I've had my tubes tied and we still do one or the other. Lol
redbutterfly666
by Emerald Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:53 PM

we use condoms for easy clean up,but i have an iud 

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I used an over the counter bc until I got my long awaited partial hysterectomy.

Now I dont have to use anything!! I love it! lol

Kmary
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I hate condoms and said goodbye to them once we were married (probably more like engaged or something) but there are people who don't want to ingest artificial hormones or are sensitive to them, which I totally understand.  There are other non-hormonal options like paragard IUD, but some people are concerned about having metal inside their body.  There is really no perfect method, in my opinion.  Whatever people want to use is cool with me.

momwriter
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't like things that mess with my hormones so I use a diaphragm and spermicide.

anotherhalf
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:57 PM
2 moms liked this
The big V. Freedom!!
LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:59 PM

We use condoms with pill bc. There's ways to make sure you don't get pregnant and being extra cautious isn't a bad thing if you don't want an unexpected pregnancy. Just bc you're married doesn't mean you don't have to be responsible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:59 PM
It just seems so odd, imo, to have something between a married couple. I don't like condoms to begin with but to stop my husband from feeling "me" would seem like a waste and not real sex.

I think condoms are great for casual or new relationship sex, but once trust is established they are not necessary (unless there is a medical problem with other bc)

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

i have a box of condoms in my bedside table but we never get around to using them, so unprotected sex it is. why is it weird to use them? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)