Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you chose to block your childs' fertility until they were 18?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:38 PM
  • 128 Replies

Let's say a medicine was invented that would safely block both male and female fertility until they were 18 without any side effects. Would you give the med to your child? How about if it was until they were 16? 21? When? Why? Why not?

Let's assume for this discussion that this drug has been proven over many generations to be absolutely safe and cause no long term infertility.  

by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TexanMomOf6
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Think about it!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:40 PM

My kids would willingly scoff that shit down until they were married. Who wouldn't?

Moe1521
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Part of me wants to say yes, but the other part says absolutely not! I'm torn, bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

no.  absolutely not. If our child is going to make a choice to have sex, they need to know their are consequences. some great and some not so great, and to take away a possible consequence is not what I want to do for my children.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Sure why not i likely wouldn't even tell em whatnot was just say it was an allergy shot or sonething ... I'd do it yep if I didn't have to worry about unwanted pregnancies... I know a few adults it wouldn't hurt to be on those meds to haha
PoplarGrove
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:41 PM

If it was proven to never have a side effect over many generations then I'd do it.  Hell, I'd be taking it!  

And I'd still be teaching my children about STDs and the importance of protecting yourself. 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

something like that wilL ALWAYS have side effect. The fact is young girls start menstrating for a reason, their body is building to prepare them to become young women and men. I wouldnt recommend it, an dno I would not do it. But if we could temporarily disable sex all together I would do it.

Val99
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I would have certainly done that!   My children chose to wait until they were 30+ and settled before beginning a family, so I'm happy I didn't need it.

KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Yes, I ythink most teens would willingly take it
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Wouldn't be my choice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured