Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Holy s*** can you believe he posted that? That's messed up?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Some guy on my Facebook just posted this. I feel bad for the girl... We live in Oklahoma. It's conservative as hell and she just got blasted all over Facebook
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Replies (521-522):
Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Well, I didn't mean to make anyone cry. Sorry.

Quoting omyheart83:

Now I'm crying thanks to this post. So sad

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1:

That is wrong. It is not her body. It is the baby's. The mother's bad choices shouldn't cost the baby it's life. In most cases, the mother chooses to have sex and, whether she chooses to use protection or not, she still made the decision knowing she could get pregnant. A child in the womb can feel an abortion. If you ever watch an ultrasound done during an abortion, you would feel differently. They scream when they are being ripped out. It is cruelty and torture. I am not here to debate abortion. I just do not believe that it should be the woman's say alone. A man should not be able be able to force her to kill a baby but she should not be able to kill it when he wants it. It is his baby too. Women complain about men that do not step up and then they tell the ones that do that they have no right to do so because it is the woman's body.

Quoting Anonymous:

However, you are talking about "personhood" and legalities.  Legally, a "person" doesn't exist until they are born.  At birth, that person has rights and those rights include having a mother and father support them.  This is not a right of the mother, this is a right of the baby.  Prior to birth, a baby, or fetus, has no rights.  They are basically a medical condition of the mother therefore the mother has the right to determine which medical procedure she wishes to have - abortion or birth.  If you say that the baby should have rights while in-vitro, then you take away in all cases the right of the mother to abort.  If you say the baby has no rights, but the biological father somehow has rights, then he can have a say whether to keep the baby or abort.  It is not a one-way street.

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1:

I'm not saying that. What I am saying is that if a man is supposed to take half the responsibility then he should have a say. If he wants the baby, he should be able to stop the abortion and either raise the baby or find an adoptive family. Why does the woman have all the say? Yes it is her body but it is also his baby. When I have the baby I am carrying, it will be mine and my husband's responsibility. If we divorce, he will pay child support. Now, his insurance is covering us, as is mine. His paycheck is buying the stuff we need for him, as is mine. It is OUR baby. I got pregnant with my oldest when I was a teen. I chose not to let him be involved and I chose not to seek child support because I didn't want him around my child nor did I want to deal with him myself. If I wanted him involved, then he would have had to pay child support and I would have gotten a court order. What I am saying is that, if I can get a court order saying that he fathered this child and he should have to pay me for choosing to keep her against his will, should I have chosen to have an abortion, he should have been able to get a court order saying that it was his baby and he wanted to take responsibility and then I should have not been able to kill it.

People say "It takes two people to make a baby." If a mother should be able to make 100% of the decisions herself without input from the man, even when it comes to murdering his child, then a woman should not be allowed to ask for child support. It is hypocritical. I believe that both the mother and the father should take responsibility for the baby, even before it is born. If the mother chooses not to then the father should be able to step up in her place. I don't think he should be able to say that she has to keep and raise the baby, just like you can't force the father to marry her and be a daddy. He should be willing to either raise the child himself or give the child to someone who will.

Quoting Anonymous:

So are you saying that if a woman doesn't want to abort, the man should have a say as well?  It sure sounds like it.  Because if you give someone else a choice in whether or not a woman carries a fetus to term, that choice could be to continue to carry or to end the pregnancy.

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1:

I didn't say anything about emotional anguish. I also said it was childish. I understand the emotion, even though I do not condone the outlet. Abortion is legal murder, I don't care what you say. He was doing the only thing he could. I believe it should be illegal to get an abortion without the father's consent. If she had the baby against his will, he would be forced to support it, even if he wanted her to abort it. If he is expected to take half the responsiblity for the baby and for the medical bills, he should be consulted before the abortion. I am not saying I agree with posting it on Facebook but I can see where he could feel helpless and frustrated and want to get back at her. My uncle's girlfriend aborted his baby when he was 19 and he hasn't been the same sense. He had a break down. To a man that wants to love his child, it is devistating to have the decision taken out of his hands. If nothing else, she should have been merciful and not told him about the baby if she planned to abort.

Quoting Anonymous:

If someone was murdering/murdered my child the police would be involved. There was no murder here.

He's a dick. If he was really upset about her having an abortion he could talk with his friends and family. He wanted to humiliate and punish HER. He wasn't trying to deal with 'emotional anguish'.

Quoting Razzle_Dazzle1:

Well, how would you feel if someone was legally murdering your child and there was nothing you could do about it? Posting it on facebook is childish but I would be pissed too.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not suprised she had an abortion when the other option was raising a child with that prick.

CafeMom Tickers

beaularson91
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:09 PM
none of use actually know the people involved, this could have been an abusive relationship. maybe he got her pregnant to try to control her, and this was just another way to control and humiliate her...

Maybe this girl just want ready for the responsibility of pregnancy, and still wants to party....

Either way it's none of our business.

This guy is still asshole for being her personal business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN