Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how dare you judge me?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm sorry that I don't give enough FUCKS to change into a pair of jeans when i run to Walmart to pick up some medication for my sick child.

You can take however long you want to take to get all gussied up. That's your business. But when my child is crying his little eyes out because he's in soooo much pain, I'm running to the store in whatever the hell i have on to make sure my baby is okay. Know why? Because time is precious. If that means a few dirty looks from the perfect moms, then so be it.

So judge me if you want.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Replies (141-149):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:40 AM
Have some class!
opal10161973
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't want sympathy.  Heck, all I take for the pain is 400mg of ibuprofen per day (sometimes 800mg, I'm not going to lie).  I deal with it, but that also means that I need to wear loose clothes that are light.  I don't want to be one of those drugged out zombies or sleeping all day.  To look at me, one would rarely, if ever, even know that I was in pain- I hide it so well.  Believe me, I would rather not be like this.  Anytime you want to trade bodies for a day, I'm there!  LOL 

However, my ass needs food and toiletries and so does my kids and my DH, who is a wonderful man, but cannot shop to save a penny.  I am the one who knows what everything costs and what I need to get for the meals that I plan and the things that I bake to save us money.  My body may be shit, but my mind is sharp.  If I could just go a get some good drugs and dress like a princess, I would do it, but I can't. 

It is what it is. 

Psst!  Don't tell the people at Publix and Target, since I dress this way there, too.  They always treat me nice no matter what I am wearing and I am glad for that. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Then there's those ones that want sympathy for wearing pajamas. If you are in that much pain stay home!
Quoting opal10161973:

You know ladies, and I am probably giving some of you the benefit of the doubt by stating that, not EVERYONE who goes to Walmart in PJ's is doing it because they are a slob- as one PP posted.  I have Fibromyalgia and the pants are so soft that they don't cause me too much pain, so yeah- I will wear what I fuking want.  KMA!  Don't worry, there's room for everyone.  I cover my rather large ass in a thin layer of loose fitting PJ pants so I don't hurt and IDGAF what ANY of you think about it.  I will do it again, maybe tomorrow even. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:52 AM

I have standards as well. I don't go out in my jammies either. Judging people because they do is wrong.  It is their life and just because they wear jammies in public, it is not an indication they are bad people are any other judgement placed upon them.  Unless you want to be judge by your actions (you in general, not directed at anyone).  Just as we don't have the right to judge people based on tattoos or biker gear any any other such thing.  That is the point the OP is trying to make. We shouldn't judge people based on appearance alone.  Some people judge those who are always dressed, perfectly manicured and hair always in place as snobby.  Not a fair judgement to judge someone for being dressed "up" anymore than it is to judge them for being dressed "down". Having name brand clothes, well manicured nails, and the like is not equal to being better than someone. Yet, people are ajudicated that by some that judge.  Being adjudicated as lazy or low class simply by the state of dress is the same.  I know some people that have more money than you can shake a stick at and  they dress like "hillbillies", lol.  That is my point, you don't know who they are and why they are dressed that way based on appearance alone.

Oh and back years ago I did have a chronically ill child. I can count on one hand the times I was out in sweats and looking frumpy.

Quoting Anonymous:

That scenario would be few and far between and possibly only once in your life unless your child has a serious chronic illness. The point is, there are people wandering around in public in their pajamas daily for no apparent reason. I can't think of one single family member of mine that has ever gone out in public in pajamas of any kind. We have standards. 
mileysmom331
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:42 PM

i figured all that after i sat and thought about it lol

Quoting Elizabeth1131:

It means that she is making fun of you because you don't care what other people think ...I am sorry she believes its ok to be a judgemental b**** and would waste sooo much time on such a stupid post arguing with people who obviously have much more common sense than her :) BTW the only reason is because she posted anonymously! She probably wouldn't have the balls to say the things she did if she hadn't.

Quoting mileysmom331:

sorry if i sound stupid but im fairly new what does that mean?

Quoting Anonymous:

Classic CM!

Quoting mileysmom331:

dont feel bad i go to walmart well i go anywhere in a spaghetti strap tank top and a pair of stretchy shorts even when im not pregnant. i really dont care what people think of me when i go out im married i dont live to impress others i dont let it get to me, ill go out with my hair up in a pony tail and not a speck of make up on i could really care less anymore and this is coming from a 20 year old lol

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:45 PM

My luck my kid has vomited over my only pair of jeans.

Annsf
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Your problem is buying pajamas with dumb pics on them. You know, bunny rabbits etc. I bought all black mid length pants, elastic waist, somewhat loose. Very comfortable. Who knows? Wear them day and night around the house, quick store trips. It works.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:52 PM

i went to Walmart and Dillon's last night wearing pj pants(gasp) oh and i went to McDonald's this morning through drivethru in my  pj pants no  bra and my sweatshirt i dont care what  other think either as long as im freaking  comfy

rachellaree20
by Rachel on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Is this in response to the pajama pants post?  Hell, I used to wear pj pants to high school all the time and sometimes will wear them in public still if I feel like it.  As long as I'm wearing pants of some kind I don't see why anyone gives a shit.

Tal0n
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Are you fucking serious?

Quoting Mothmamma:

I don't get why if it's medication that can be bought with prescription that you wouldn't already have some in case of emergency.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)