Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

soldiers don't deserve what they get paid....f off...ETA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Seriously, who in their right mind would say this? Dumb assholes would. If that's your opinion then YOU do not deserve what our military does for you! They are extremely underpaid and those "extras" so many of you call them aren't shit, and are completely justified. Fuck you.

ETA: I thought the reasoning behind this post was pretty clear, but many of you are completely misunderstanding. This is NOT a complaint about being underpaid, nor have I made any conplaints. My family lives JUST fine and my SO did not join for the pay nor does he ever utter a word about it. This is due to an earlier post in which comments were mamade about how undeserving our military is of what they do get. Andno, it was not just that they are paI'd adequately, they were comments stating they do not deserve to be paid what they are. While my stance is that no dollar amount would suffice or cover what our mimilitary and their families endure and sacrifice, I DO believe they are completely deserving of what they get.

ETA AGAIN: I apologize for using the term soldiers and limiting it to one branch. Not my intention or opinion, just a habit due to my SO's branch. I am referring to ALL of our armed forces.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Replies (31-40):
grambo91
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:32 PM
I'm in the Army and we are totally underpaid. The only way you make decent money is if you are married, with kids, and own your own home. As a PFC, I made about 650 EVERY TWO WEEKS! They can suck my dick. Lol
.Zombie.Girl.
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I missed it but whoever said that clearly doesn't know anything about what soldiers do, so meh. My DH works his ass off and I know he deserves every benefit that we get. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Last I checked, I'm entitled to mine...and this is it. I don't think their opinion is stupid...its far more than...its disrespectful.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

last i checked they had a right to their opinion no matter how stupid you may think it is.

vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I have met and lived with many overpaid military members.
PEEK05
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I have never heard someone say that about members of the military.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Thank you so much! Same to you as well!!!! I hope he has safe travels home to you. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Awe congrats! Welcome home to your soldier! Mine will be home in less than 72 hours

Quoting Anonymous:

Me too - I am an Army wife whose husband just returned home from a 9 month deployment in Afghanistan.

Quoting kellysparkles:

I missed it, too, but as the wife of a military man I can tell it would've pissed me off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Agreed. It was a choice. And I am not posting this due to complaints of soldiers that they are not paid enough, mine has never even uttered anything close to that. He loves what he does no natter the pay. It was due to others stating they don't deserve the little that they do make.

Quoting cfcf:

I personally think soldiers should be paid better, but they're not. And it's common knowledge that they're not.

It's like teachers complaining they do not get paid enough. They don't, but you knew that when you made your career choice.

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:35 PM
I missed this post but I think they are underpaid.
SerenityBerry
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I would say that the military doesn't deserve what they are paid, they deserve more. 

Sadly the outside perception of military income is vastly different then the reality of it. Most of those extras come with a long list of requirements before you even qualify for them, they aren't just given to you or your family. The only advantage that the military has is that it is steady work and a reliable income.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
How ignorant can you be? They DID attack our country...and our military does far more than control that aspect. They protect our homeland on every aspect. You clearly do not deserve what they do for YOU

Quoting Anonymous:

What does the military do for me? I'm not scared of innocent muslims in countries that have no way to attack America with an army or a navy or nuclear weapons. These wars are  not about our freedom. So I get to have my opinion to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)