Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

soldiers don't deserve what they get paid....f off...ETA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Seriously, who in their right mind would say this? Dumb assholes would. If that's your opinion then YOU do not deserve what our military does for you! They are extremely underpaid and those "extras" so many of you call them aren't shit, and are completely justified. Fuck you.

ETA: I thought the reasoning behind this post was pretty clear, but many of you are completely misunderstanding. This is NOT a complaint about being underpaid, nor have I made any conplaints. My family lives JUST fine and my SO did not join for the pay nor does he ever utter a word about it. This is due to an earlier post in which comments were mamade about how undeserving our military is of what they do get. Andno, it was not just that they are paI'd adequately, they were comments stating they do not deserve to be paid what they are. While my stance is that no dollar amount would suffice or cover what our mimilitary and their families endure and sacrifice, I DO believe they are completely deserving of what they get.

ETA AGAIN: I apologize for using the term soldiers and limiting it to one branch. Not my intention or opinion, just a habit due to my SO's branch. I am referring to ALL of our armed forces.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Meh, I don't care what they get paid... but they aren't really DEFENDING us, they have been on the offensive and killing kids in adults in other countries in recent history. I believe in a defensive military, strictly. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Gladly will. 

Quoting mandaschelle:

Cool
When a natural disaster hits your area and the national guard rolls in make sure let them know to skip your house.

Quoting Anonymous:

The military hasn't done anything for ME....the military works for the government in retaining economic resources for the financial stability of the politicians, it's not for the country's civilians.  Nothing justifies droning innocent families and children

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:37 PM
yea... I got "free" medical aka bottom of the barrel and they didn't know what was wrong along with getting paid 900 every 2 weeks. it was great times.

with THAT said, I LOVED my job. I just didn't love how I was taken care of.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Yes.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

So what people actually said is that their pay is adequate?

Quoting Anonymous:

There was a post about pay to our armed forces in which SO many said that soldiers get extras and get paid enough. Basically that they don't deserve to be paid enough for sacrificing what they do because that was the choice they made.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

I feel like I missed something...did someone in here say that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Oh no! Don't get me wrong, we live just fine and I am more than grateful for what we do recieve...my DH has never complained about pay, nor have I, obviously that's not why he serves. I do happen to think they are underpaI'd but I do not complain...I only posted this due to the post earlier.

Quoting armywifey26:

Am I the only one whose family has no problem living comfortably off DH's pay?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:41 PM
3 moms liked this

LOL. Keep telling yourself that.  I have a difference of opinion. Did I say the military doesn't deserve what they get paid?  No. They work for the government, they deserve to get paid for their work. I just stated what they are doing is not for the common civilian.  NO government in this world works for the safety of the common civilan in mind. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You don't deserve shit from our country and don't deserve to be here. Our military works for the gvnmt...but what happened to make them do so? Oh that's right, innocent families lost loved ones in a tragedy. And our military, after preventing further happenings in our homeland, now fights to protect the safety of those families and children you talk about. Their own people are rhe ones hurting and killing them.

Quoting Anonymous:

The military hasn't done anything for ME....the military works for the government in retaining economic resources for the financial stability of the politicians, it's not for the country's civilians.  Nothing justifies droning innocent families and children

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:43 PM

i have seen VETS who have not gotten what they deserve. but i see more arrogant military assholes than you would think.

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually, I have. And I am in NO way discounting our stateside hero's, though the armed forces do endure different situations. I personally think they are all underpaid and underappreciated. ...I was just referencing an earlier post which only had to do with the military.

Quoting Anonymous:

so are cops/ firemen/ pole electricians.

the list goes on. i wont say they dont sometimes deserve better, but i have yet to see one living in poverty or being homeless, sick, and no way to see a doc.

JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:43 PM
5 moms liked this

Who is "they"? Have you actually researched 9/11? America was supposed to be known for justice, fair trials, ect. and Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, NOTHING. My dad is a veteran, and he'll be the first to tell you that these wars are about oil and greed. Our soldiers are killing and dying for no damn good reason. I am a firm believer that our troops should be home right now, and that is how I personally support the troops. By advocating to bring them home. You know, to actually protect OUR land.

Quoting Anonymous:

How ignorant can you be? They DID attack our country...and our military does far more than control that aspect. They protect our homeland on every aspect. You clearly do not deserve what they do for YOU

Quoting Anonymous:

What does the military do for me? I'm not scared of innocent muslims in countries that have no way to attack America with an army or a navy or nuclear weapons. These wars are  not about our freedom. So I get to have my opinion to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

we are good over here...know several families that do:) 
Like someone else said, do our military/civil service workers deserve more? YES! is the money there to pay them it right now? NO. Everyone knows going in the pay can be rough starting off, they still joined. it isn't the 60's and we don't have a draft. If they don't like the money and benefits, they are more then welcome to leave when their contract is up. 

Quoting armywifey26:

Am I the only one whose family has no problem living comfortably off DH's pay?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:45 PM
2 moms liked this

I know it's going to be hard for you to comprehend, but, your country attacked itself. It was an inside job. 

Quoting Anonymous:

How ignorant can you be? They DID attack our country...and our military does far more than control that aspect. They protect our homeland on every aspect. You clearly do not deserve what they do for YOU

Quoting Anonymous:

What does the military do for me? I'm not scared of innocent muslims in countries that have no way to attack America with an army or a navy or nuclear weapons. These wars are  not about our freedom. So I get to have my opinion to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)