Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

soldiers don't deserve what they get paid....f off...ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 301 Replies
25 moms liked this
Seriously, who in their right mind would say this? Dumb assholes would. If that's your opinion then YOU do not deserve what our military does for you! They are extremely underpaid and those "extras" so many of you call them aren't shit, and are completely justified. Fuck you.

ETA: I thought the reasoning behind this post was pretty clear, but many of you are completely misunderstanding. This is NOT a complaint about being underpaid, nor have I made any conplaints. My family lives JUST fine and my SO did not join for the pay nor does he ever utter a word about it. This is due to an earlier post in which comments were mamade about how undeserving our military is of what they do get. Andno, it was not just that they are paI'd adequately, they were comments stating they do not deserve to be paid what they are. While my stance is that no dollar amount would suffice or cover what our mimilitary and their families endure and sacrifice, I DO believe they are completely deserving of what they get.

ETA AGAIN: I apologize for using the term soldiers and limiting it to one branch. Not my intention or opinion, just a habit due to my SO's branch. I am referring to ALL of our armed forces.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:17 PM

.....yeah -- i must have missed something

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:17 PM
I feel like I missed something...did someone in here say that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Stupid post I read earlier.
armywifey26
by Krissy on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:18 PM
20 moms liked this

kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:19 PM
2 moms liked this

I missed it, too, but as the wife of a military man I can tell it would've pissed me off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:19 PM
There was a post about pay to our armed forces in which SO many said that soldiers get extras and get paid enough. Basically that they don't deserve to be paid enough for sacrificing what they do because that was the choice they made.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Well then, don't partake. Its a vent, plain and simple.

Quoting armywifey26:

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:20 PM
So what people actually said is that their pay is adequate?

Quoting Anonymous:

There was a post about pay to our armed forces in which SO many said that soldiers get extras and get paid enough. Basically that they don't deserve to be paid enough for sacrificing what they do because that was the choice they made.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly! I am also. (That may have been obvious lol)

Quoting kellysparkles:

I missed it, too, but as the wife of a military man I can tell it would've pissed me off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Seriously after 10 years at his job my husband only makes 3320/mo. We live on post so no bah for us. But still I feel so crummy that he makes so little. And it's been very hard for me to 1.find work 2. Hold down a job because if his crazy schedule and the only jobs in our po dunk city are min wage never consistent schedule jobs.

I want to contribute but it's very hard. The "extras" don't make up for anything IMO
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)