Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kidd Kraddick of Dallas Radio Station 106.1 is dead.

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:56 PM
  • 55 Replies
Kidd Kraddick, who hosts radio show “Kidd Kraddick in the Morning,” has died, it was reported.

Fox-4 News in Dallas reported Saturday night that Kraddick, who is a mainstay at KISS-FM, died.

“RIP Kidd Kraddick. You were an amazing man and a friend. You are already missed,” wrote Mark Cuban, the owner of the Dallas Mavericks, on Twitter.

The details regarding his death are still sketchy.

Kraddick’s show airs throughout the U.S. and can be seen on the Dish Nation TV show.

On Twitter, there was an outpouring of grief for Kraddick.

“Just saw that Kidd Kraddick died. Stunned. RIP Kidd. We had so much fun with him in Jan. Honored to have met him and spent time with him. ,” wrote the singing group Cimorelli.

“I grew up listening to Kidd Kraddick everyday on the way to school. It’s gonna be different without him on the radio in the morning. RIP,” wrote another Twitter user.

Story is developing; check back for updates.

http://m.theepochtimes.com/n3/210999-kidd-kraddick-radio-host-dies-report/

David “Kidd” Kraddick, the radio and TV personality whose locally based “Kidd Kraddick in the Morning” is heard on Dallas’ KISS-FM and stations across the nation, has died, sources said late Saturday.
“It has been confirmed that Kidd Kraddick passed away today in New Orleans at a golf tournament organized to raise money for his beloved Kidd’s Kids charity,” KISS-FM owner Clear Channel said in a news release.
The statement was attributed to Kelly Kibler, Clear Channel’s Dallas manager, and was confirmed by a second source close to Kraddick.
“He died doing what he loved, and his final day was spent selflessly focused on those special children that meant the world to him,” the statement read. “Kidd devoted his life to making people smile every morning, and for 21 years, his foundation has been dedicated to bringing joy to thousands of chronically and terminally ill children,” the company said.
Kraddick has been a staple in the Dallas market since his late-night debut in 1984 on KEGL-FM (The Eagle). But his ascension to mainstay status began in 1992, when he moved to KHKS-FM (KISS-FM, 106.1) and began broadcasting his morning show, now known as “Kidd Kraddick in the Morning.”
By 2001 the show was syndicated, and, according to his website, is heard in more than 100 cities.
The Marconi Award-winner's brand expanded even further in recent months when he and his morning crew were added to Dish Nation, a syndicated TV show.Social media exploded with activity after news of the death broke.
Kraddick’s Facebook page was filled with hundreds of condolences, and Twitter was active as well.
“RIP Kidd Kraddick. You were an amazing man and a friend. You are already missed,” Mark Cuban tweeted.
Gordon Keith wrote: “RIP Kidd Kraddick from the Musers. Unbelievable.”
And news anchor Gloria Campos of WFAA-TV (Channel 8) tweeted: “Kidd Kraddick one of the good guys & a tremendous talent. I’m stunned by the news of his passing. Thoughts & prayers to his family & fans.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local-news/20130727-dallas-radio-host-kidd-kraddick-dies.ece

I am devastated. I grew up listening to him :-(

His daughter is only a few years younger than me. I can't imagine her pain right now. He was only 53. Poor Kellie (cohost) she and her daughter must be just about as devastated as Kidd's family.
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baquick
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Bump
happymama0609
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:59 PM
What?!?! I used to listen to him all the time in GA. He wasn't very old, right? At least he sounded young on the radio. So sad :(
baquick
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
He was only 53! He died at a golf tournament raising money for Kidd's Kids :-(

Quoting happymama0609:

What?!?! I used to listen to him all the time in GA. He wasn't very old, right? At least he sounded young on the radio. So sad :(
imapepper
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I just read this also.  I can't believe it.  My family has always listened to his too.  Morning radio will never be the same.

baquick
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Mobile Photo

baquick
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:05 AM
No. It won't :-( :-( I am literally crying right now :-(

Quoting imapepper:

I just read this also.  I can't believe it.  My family has always listened to his too.  Morning radio will never be the same.

baquick
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Bump
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:14 AM
I watch him on Dish Network...

I wonder wtf happened, that's so sudden.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Never heard of him.

But tragic nonetheless.

So young.
mattiehatter
by Mary on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:17 AM
So sad. I listened to him when I was younger.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)