Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My baby was attacked in Walmart :( *edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 134 Replies
4 moms liked this

Edit! I need to add that I am from Canada and assault charges are automatic. So because they had the video evidence they could see her assaulting my son. And even if I was stupid and said no I don't want to press charges they press charges themselves. So she was arrested and is having charges pressed. I have a report number and was told they would be in touch. 

I'm still shaking :(

i was in Walmart today returning an item and there was a stinky woman who was obviously on drugs yelling at the cashier because from my understanding she walked into walmart and was grabbing stuff and taking it to the return desk to try and get money for it. Well they werent doing what she wanted and she got angry I saw one lady get on the phone with the police while the other was dealing with this crazy lady.

My son 16 mo started whining wanting out of the cart and I was kind of rocking it back and forth while doing my return.  He was getting a bit louder and just as I was turning around to pick him up she turns around and grab his arms and is yelling in his face to shut up and was digging her nails in his skin!!! He was hysterical almost instantly so out of reflex I grabbed her by the throat and push her on the counter to get her off of him. Mind you I'm about 6 months pregnant as well by that point the cashier steps in and is holdin her down until the cops get there. I had to write a statement and the cops replayed the video. I though that would be all but no it wasn't.

The officer ended up calling his supervisor because the crazy lady was complaining about my actions against her! I at this point still didn't know and was trying to clean my sons arms out because she broke skin and was very very dirty :( when I was trying to take him to the bathroom the officer told me I was not aloud to as he needed to hold me to see if I would be charge with assault! WTF! I  thought I handled it alright considering the fact that she is still alive. 

I had to wait around with my scared baby for a half in hour until their supervisor could get there to assess the situation. I was starving my son was hungry and I still was not allowed into the bathroom to clean him nor use the facilities (hello I'm pregnant!) one of the Walmart workers was kind enough to bring some wet towels and antibiotic gel.

they finally decided not to charge me by the time my husband made it to the store and let me go but I think my faith in our law enforcement is gone. 
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlecolton07
by Rebecca on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
A baby has marks from this woman, and you have witnesses but they wanted to charge you? Not sure I believe that.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:42 AM
8 moms liked this

They have to do their job, they're walking into a situation blindly and have to sort everything out.  Their actions were reasonable.

nancym3
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:43 AM
This. It sucks but they were doing their job.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

They have to do their job, they're walking into a situation blindly and have to sort everything out.  Their actions were reasonable.

LauraBelle9812
by EmmasMom on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Wow
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:43 AM
4 moms liked this
I have heard of burglars suing the owners of the home they broke into because the burglar got hurt somehow, and WON! Sometimes there is no understanding things like this. Glad you and your baby came out okay.
skittlefart
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:43 AM
3 moms liked this

You did awesome mama, so sorry about little baby :( I hope he'll be okay...poor little guy...

photo Skittlefart-vi_zps0eb53a97.png

photo f2458de1-4fbe-4187-979b-7d086a655ae3_zpsf7eb12ba.jpg
Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Wow.
Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:44 AM
4 moms liked this

WOW!! You're doing REALLY Well in your creative writing course!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:44 AM

They were going to charge both of us for assault and her for the issues in the store. 

Quoting littlecolton07:

A baby has marks from this woman, and you have witnesses but they wanted to charge you? Not sure I believe that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:45 AM
2 moms liked this
Time to lawyer-up
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN