Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SKs vs Bios. Added more info on bottom.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 352 Replies
2 moms liked this
My SO and I have enrolled our dd in a private preschool that's is quite pricey. She will continue there into kindergarten and possibly elementary school.

His ex, who he has two kids with, thinks that he should enroll and pay for their kids to go as well. He said he will pay half for each. She can't afford her half. Price is public knowledge so she knows how much it is. She either wants him to pay for them both or add the cost of his portion of their tuition to her CS. She says can take to court. But he already pays over state calculated CS and he is a 50/50 parent.

Should we not enroll her because the other kids won't be attending? Is it unfair to give her a different opportunity because we are in the financial position to do so?

A little more info:

I believe and this is my own opinion, that the public school system is slipping and by the time our youngest gets there it will be worse.

Private school in our town only goes to 8th grade. SD is entering 7th and SS is entering 4th. My son is in high school already. Private high school is in a different town.

All kids have been in the same school zones since the were in kinder, with the same friends. Moving them would be putting them with new friends. (In against because I grew up military and know how hard it is to be the new kid)

Thoughts?

Eta. The only way they would know dd goes to a privates school and how much it costs is if BM discusses it with them

Another eta: would it make a difference if i said I am able to volunteer at this school for a discount in tuition? What would you think if I said I gave her that same info and she is unwilling to volunteer her time. I can't get a discount for my SOs kids because they aren't mine. But I can for mine.

Let me put it in a different perspective for you guys

Without BMs help he cannot afford to send their kids. Without my help he wouldn't be able to send our child. I'm willing to help him with our child's costs. She is unwilling to help. Does that mean my child should miss out?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:10 AM
25 moms liked this
Umm...no. Your child's father AND mother are paying for her to go to private school, he offered to pay his half for their children to go as well and their mother can't/won't pay for it. It shouldn't be 100% his responsibility. If she wants them to go so badly, then she needs to figure out how to come up with her portion of the bill. Also, I think the only reason she wants them to go is because she's jealous your child is able to.

Eta: if she tries to take it to court, the judge will tell her to fork over her half then.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:12 AM
That's why I think she wants them to go too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Umm...no. Your child's father AND mother are paying for her to go to private school, he offered to pay his half for their children to go as well and their mother can't/won't pay for it. It shouldn't be 100% his responsibility. If she wants them to go so badly, then she needs to figure out how to come up with her portion of the bill. Also, I think the only reason she wants them to go is because she's jealous your child is able to.

Eta: if she tries to take it to court, the judge will tell her to fork over her half then.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:14 AM
3 moms liked this
She filed on him not too long ago stating she had a change in circumstance because she had a new baby and wanted to sty home she wanted more CS. He filed a counter and won a reduction.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:16 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol good, why would her new baby be his problem? I am floored by the attitudes of entitled women!

Quoting Anonymous:

She filed on him not too long ago stating she had a change in circumstance because she had a new baby and wanted to sty home she wanted more CS. He filed a counter and won a reduction.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Because I had a new baby and was able to stay home. When she had her baby she wanted to be able to be home too. But they couldn't afford it. When she had kids with my SO she was a sahm.
She feels to this day that he still owes her because she gave him children. Hahahahaha. Ya. She's one of those.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol good, why would her new baby be his problem? I am floored by the attitudes of entitled women!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:25 AM
4 moms liked this

Are YOU paying for half of your child's schooling?

I guess I don't find it unfair to an extent, I do think it sucks that he wants the child you 2 have to have a better education than his other children. That part is a bit unfair.

jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:25 AM
4 moms liked this
If you are staying at home and not contributing to then yes, he should pay for all kids to go private. If you aren't paying half why should she?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this
We are paying for it. We have the financial means to do so.

He will pay his portion of his kids tuition.hes not saying no to her. He's saying he needs her help

Quoting Anonymous:

Are YOU paying for half of your child's schooling?

I guess I don't find it unfair to an extent, I do think it sucks that he wants the child you 2 have to have a better education than his other children. That part is a bit unfair.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:29 AM
11 moms liked this
Why should OP pay for half? She is married to him, his money is her money. Sheesh.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I contribute financially to my household, which means yes i am contributing to her schooling. He is the breadwinner though.

Quoting jamamama00:

If you are staying at home and not contributing to then yes, he should pay for all kids to go private. If you aren't paying half why should she?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)