Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I love thrifting :)

I got a new dress today, that I love...and a really neat medical textbook from 1897...some of the 'science' back then was hilarious...

What are your favorite finds?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Replies (11-20):
rfhsure
by beast mode on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:13 AM

oh my gosh, where do I begin. 90% of what I own is from the thrift store. I got a really groovy skirt recently. I think one of my favorite finds though is what I thought at first was a dress that turned out to be a bodysuit, and also doubles as a sweet pair of alladin pants. I also got a really cool dress recently with elephants all over it. I love elephants.

Doc.Mc.Lissa
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:14 AM

I can usually find pretty much brand new clothes for my girls at the goodwill here. And always american eagle jeans in my size, also in brand new condition, which happen to be my favorite brand of jeans!

Sherner
by First on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Never been to a thift store.

waffa
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:17 AM

a handful of expensive designer stuff I can wear to work, that I would NEVER buy new, for $45

AprilDJC
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:18 AM
A pair of nice, brand new (tags still attached) dress shoes for dd for .50ยข, 4 Fiestaware tea cups for $1 total (usually at least $24 for 4), clothes from Justice, Levis, loads of name brand clothes.
VarelaClan
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:20 AM
We are selling our nice dining set and I'm going to put together a fun set that is more us. My plan is to find a bunch of different chairs and paint them different colors that go with our color scheme. It'll be a mismatched dining set. I guess I should go thrift shopping to find random chairs.

villagemamma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:24 AM

I own a childrens resale store so i get to many to keep track of. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:31 AM
13 moms liked this
My grandmother gave me an antique carousel music box when I was 13. She engraved my name underneath it.
Well my mother gave it to good will alone with a lot of other things when I moved out when I was 17. We had a bad falling out and I wasn't able to get all my stuff.
Well fast forward 9 years. I was in a small thrift store with my sil. I was looking in the antique section, and you will never guess what I found... my music box!! I didn't assume it was the exact one my grandmother gave me, I thought what are the chances, but when I looked under it, sure enough there was my engraved name. I cried I was so happy. I never imagined finding something that actually belonged to me so long ago.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Ralph Lauren, childrens place, gap, old navy, etc. I am actually going to thrift stores right now looking for a cute vintage dress for my wedding. It's a 50's Irish theme. I told my bridesmaids pick a dress that looks like from the 50's in your color choice and I am good. lol I have found old lamps, books dating back to the 1800's (I have a collection), household stuff, dressers. My favorites the original Care Bear twin size bedding set brand new and these old neon colored plates with flowers on them (beautiful) . Old vcr tapes are a must in our household. Love your dress, looks good on you.
aj23
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:43 AM

My best find was a pair of Ralph Lauren pants with the tags still attached. The tag said $110, I paid $2. They fit perfect and are the most comfortable pants i've ever owned. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)