Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I love thrifting :)

I got a new dress today, that I love...and a really neat medical textbook from 1897...some of the 'science' back then was hilarious...

What are your favorite finds?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Replies (21-30):
GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:44 AM

I never find anything. But i am looking for a deep wooden box or storage bin to craft into a ballerina toy box

tiniowien
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:45 AM

I know right?!

Quoting waffa:

a handful of expensive designer stuff I can wear to work, that I would NEVER buy new, for $45

Keara20
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:48 AM
I love thrift stores. I don't go enough. I got my dd 2 pairs of denim shorts for 3 bucks
csxt99
by Jennifer on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:48 AM

I like the dress you found.  It's very cute.  I would love to go through the old medical text.  That kind of stuff fascinates me.

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Cashmere sweaters. I've gotten two at thrift stores now, one for me and one for dd. Dd ruined hers though. She washed it in the machine :/
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:52 AM
We got a rubber band gun, something I haven't seen since I was eight, and it was so much fun to play with!

We found a cheeseburger tin. Got it for my twin, he loves it, but we somehow ended up with it again.

Some cute Japanese tea cups.
CrossStitchMum
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:53 AM

I love thrifting too but I havent had a chance to since having kids :(

P.e.b.b.l.e.s
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:54 AM

8 pairs of True Religion Jeans in DD's size.  Nearly $200 jeans for $7.99 each, with the tags still on them!  Brand new!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:22 AM

We have a goodwill near here where everything is in giant bins.  It's best to wear gloves to sift through stuff. And not have morning sickness because the place smells pretty bad.   It's generally separated by adult clothes, kids clothes, toys, glass things, electronics, shoes, etc.  A person could spend hours there.  Almost everything is sold by weight and it's pretty cheap.  I was on a crafting kick where I was painting jars and vases and other containers to use as votive holder things and I came out of there with a cart load of glass containers one day for a few dollars.  I've seen some funny stuff there like weird costumes.  My best find was some old vintage wooden miniature Christmas ornaments that were inside of a box of cards. It was 3 cents.

Also my community has a virtual garage sale page on Facebook.  I got a cute little wooden doll cradle and a huge stack of kid's books for free and a like new toaster oven  for $5. 

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:26 AM
I got a 4 pack of brand new tervis tumblers that were custom.. for 3 $.

I have found high end hand bags there. I don't buy them. . But they exist.

I mostly look for books.

I might send s.o. to get some dresses/skirts this week.. much easier for me to get on right now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)