Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love thrifting :)

I got a new dress today, that I love...and a really neat medical textbook from 1897...some of the 'science' back then was hilarious...

What are your favorite finds?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Replies (81-89):
KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Cute dress!

I haven't been to a thrift store in a long time, but last time I was there I found 2 Ralph Lauren polos for $5 that looked brand new. :)

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:12 PM
They had a book (from 1856) about the slave trade and the hostilities between the North and South yesterday...I wish I could have gotten that one as well...I love collecting old books :)

I have some of my papaw's old primary school books...

Quoting DragonInfinity:

Brand new shoes for my ds (the original price tag said $35 and I got them for $2). A 1867 history/war book (I collect very old books). A couple of new shirts for me. And a new tableware set (6person set)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaxmybaby
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:13 PM
I love to go thrift book shopping. That is my main interest when going to thrift stores, if I find something else that catches my eye, I'll buy it. But, yeah, mostly old books!
daughteroftruth
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I go to thrift stores before I go anywhere else.  So most of our clothes and household items are from thrift stores.  My most recent favorite finds were a kids spiderman fold out couch thing ($2), and this really cute woman's dress, it was a very short dress, so I refashioned it into a long dress for my 6 yr old dd the dress was .50.

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:15 PM
They didn't have a lot of old books, but what they had was really neat...I think I'm going back for more, haha...

Quoting jaxmybaby:

I love to go thrift book shopping. That is my main interest when going to thrift stores, if I find something else that catches my eye, I'll buy it. But, yeah, mostly old books!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:48 PM

i mostly always find clothes for my kids and i found a really cool set of mickey mouse pictures for my babys room i only paid 5 dollars for a set  of six  and they  are huge but its been one  of my fav finds

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:50 PM

This is my couch from a thrift store $160
MomofBoys838
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Lol...me, too.  Love my baskets!!

Quoting LucyMom08:

Jealous of the basket...I have a serious basket habit, haha...

Quoting MomofBoys838:

I used to volunteer at a little church thrift store, and we'd get first choice.  I got a Dooney & Bourke purse for $4.99 and a Longaberger covered basket  (large, magazine rack sized) for $3.99

Xstitchinmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:13 PM
I bought tons of toys for my kids at thrift stores in San Antonio when they were younger. I found a Barbie dream house for $4, and a like new formal dress with shoes for less than $10.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured