Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just don't know what to do

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:44 AM
  • 5 Replies

You guys give really good some times the truth hurts advice and I really need some right now. I have been with my little girl dad for over 7 years. We were on and off for about 5 before we settle down and had her 4 year years ago. In the begining I loved him we had are good and bad times but it was ok. Over the last two years it has turn to hell and I really just don't feel the same anymore hurtful things have been said he never saids he is sorry. He acted a ass on the day we layed my mom to rest and from that day on something just died and I have yet to get it back. He feels I don't give him money like he gives me I have told him we have a child and you make more then me what the hell. And I feel its his place to surpport his family .I think its best we should just break up. Come up with agreement in writting for child surport and when he can see her and be done with it .

by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
prieta05
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:48 AM
if thats gonna make u happy then go for it, rather then let your DD think that its ok to stay in an unhappy relationship and suffer in anyway. Good luck
bird846
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:55 AM

The thing is he not happy hisself its like we holding on and both know we need to it go just scare to do I guess but thanks.

Quoting prieta05:

if thats gonna make u happy then go for it, rather then let your DD think that its ok to stay in an unhappy relationship and suffer in anyway. Good luck

prieta05
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Aslong as your kids are taken care off.. then you should sit down with him face to face and tell him what you think and how you and him can arrange and organize things for the better of your kids.

Quoting bird846:

The thing is he not happy hisself its like we holding on and both know we need to it go just scare to do I guess but thanks.

Quoting prieta05:

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:15 AM

Be adults, and be parents.  You both are not talking about the elephant in the room, when it really needs to be discussed.  Be the bigger person, and believe it or not you'll have more control over the situation and the conversation.

Make an "appointment" to sit down with him and discuss something "important."  Give him a head's up earlier in the day, but do it on a week-day evening (not on a Friday-Sunday).  Wednesday or Thursday night, let him know that there's something important to discuss after little one goes to sleep.  Something along the lines of:

"Listen, neither of us are happy, but we both love our daughter.  I can't see spending the rest of my life feeling like this, and I doubt you want to go on like this either.  We need to come up with a fair visitation schedule for you to see ______, and the court will decide the child support since it's based upon a formula (typically 32% of the NCP's salary, and it does take into consideration who pays health insurance for the child).  I think if we part as friends, and continue to parent as a team, there should be no problems in dealing with each other in the future, but clearly as a couple, we are at a dead end and can't go on like this."

bird846
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:06 AM

Quoting Melissa_4:

Be adults, and be parents.  You both are not talking about the elephant in the room, when it really needs to be discussed.  Be the bigger person, and believe it or not you'll have more control over the situation and the conversation.

Make an "appointment" to sit down with him and discuss something "important."  Give him a head's up earlier in the day, but do it on a week-day evening (not on a Friday-Sunday).  Wednesday or Thursday night, let him know that there's something important to discuss after little one goes to sleep.  Something along the lines of:

"Listen, neither of us are happy, but we both love our daughter.  I can't see spending the rest of my life feeling like this, and I doubt you want to go on like this either.  We need to come up with a fair visitation schedule for you to see ______, and the court will decide the child support since it's based upon a formula (typically 32% of the NCP's salary, and it does take into consideration who pays health insurance for the child).  I think if we part as friends, and continue to parent as a team, there should be no problems in dealing with each other in the future, but clearly as a couple, we are at a dead end and can't go on like this."

You said what I have been trying to say perfect thanks
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)