Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

17y son doesn't want to be a dad and I agree with him EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 739 Replies
10 moms liked this
His girlfriend of 2 years is pregnant. They started having sex this year and she was on birth control. I knew they were sexually active. He told me he doesn't want to be a father and doesn't want anything to do with this pregnancy or child. I told he has to step up until he stated very firmly "if its okay for a woman to decide not be a mom yet and have an abortion how is this decision any different?"

i have thought it over and I can agree with him. ETA: I NEVER said I didn't want to be apart of the child's life. I NEVER told my son I agree but I do agree. The girlfriend was on the injection and hadn't even had a period in months so I guess they didn't think this was possible. I agree THEY not just "him" should have used a condom in conjunction with the injection. My sons point it vaild, She can choose not to be mom at anytime and terminate the pregnancy but he cant make the same choice? If he wants to walk out and sign his rights over then I will accept that and I will work something out in terms of photos or letters with my grandchild without his input.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovelyCorrupt
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:28 AM
21 moms liked this
Train wreck... Wait for it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:28 AM
12 moms liked this
I agree but I would kick my son in the ass if he thought he wouldn't be helping with his child, I just don't agree with abortions unless the mothers life is in danger
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:31 AM
32 moms liked this

I agree with him...although I find it sad, I firmly believe that everyone regardless of gender should have the ability to walk away from a child...no reason that women should be able to but men can't!

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:32 AM
Well...
Keara20
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:32 AM
7 moms liked this
Condoms condoms condoms. Tell him when the baby is born to sign over his rights.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:33 AM
46 moms liked this

You forget that birth control can fail. You can't force a woman to have an abortion. You should have taught him that. He never learned from you or he school that you risk getting a girl pregnant every time you have sex during a certain time of the month. At least he can be there financially for the baby he created through child support. Otherwise, he can lose his drivers license and passport. They can also go after him for arrears after the baby is 18. Also, he can have a fine mess explaining it to his wife and children when the baby turs 18 and seeks him out on the child he abandoned. You are so stereotypical of what is going wrong in some communities in regards to children on philosophy. It is no wonder the cities have problems. Hope he wises up after this experience to avoid having sex when a woman can get pregnant. Otherwise, he will lose more income to child support. I almost forgot even if he does not work that they can imput child support at minimum wage level, and the state does not care.

There was a good post that I saw within the past week or so. It was posted by a mother of one teen daughter who's father ran to another state while she was pregnant and had no contact. The state's child support offce found him last year, and it started child support on him. He currently has a wife who does not work and three kids by the current wife. He makes $80,000 a year. When they got through the hearing, they assessed that he owed over $100,000 in child support besides his current payment. He wound up with over a $1000 in child support, and over $1000 in arrears payment. Did the state care about his current family? No, it did not. Did the mother of the teen daughter care about his situation and they would have to downsize their lifestyle? No, she did not. All they could do was scream to her how unfair it is. Unfortunately, karma catches up with these guys because child support never goes away when a child turns eighteen when there are arears involved until paid off. It is just a fact of life.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:34 AM
38 moms liked this
He shouldn't have sex if he can't step up and take care of the consequences. Birth control is not 100%, obviously.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:34 AM
5 moms liked this

Yeah Im with your son.Its not fair at all.

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:34 AM
14 moms liked this

i agree with him to a point. however, until its legally acceptable, he needs to stop being a bitch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:36 AM
19 moms liked this
Teach him to be a man!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN