Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Where You Live, Do They Have Nine Month Or

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:35 AM
  • 4 Replies

Year round school? Which way do you and your kids like it?

by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
DixieL
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:37 AM

My son had nine month school, when he was in elementary school. In middle and high school, it was nine month school. I thought I would hate year round school, but I loved it. I don't know what my son thought about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:42 AM
1 mom liked this

9 month. Some of the districts around us have gone to year round. I think they are testing the waters to see how well it works before they decide to change us all over

1hotmama87
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:48 AM
1 mom liked this

We have 9 months of school here in Oregon we don't have any experience with year round school.

liels898
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:55 AM
1 mom liked this

We have nine month school but they offer school sponsored educational camps during the summer so it's basically nine months of diverse schooling and then several weeks of subject-focused schooling if your child wants to participate. I definitely like it; this Summer DD got to participate in drama, science, and a foreign languages camp. We had a bit of time off to hang out, went on a trip, but it mostly felt like she was just having a little time off in between being at school. We had the option to sign up for more camps but I just let her go for the ones she had an interest in. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)