Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What qualities make you consider a woman high maintenance vs. low maintenance? What do you think you are?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are you high maintenance woman or a low maintenance woman?

Options:

High

Low

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 413

View Results

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Replies (221-226):
hapullymareed
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Forgive my ignorance (and nosiness), but what is RTS?

Quoting liels898:

Right now I'm high maintenance. Well, I consider myself to be at least, according to others I'm not. But I'm in recovery from RTS and self harm and I wouldn't want someone else to have to deal with my recovery and the struggle it entails so I'm not looking for a relationship. But in general, in past relationships and as a woman without the added baggage of recovery, no, I'm not high maintenance. I'm generally very loving and accepting and I've never expected anyone to do anything for me or give me anything, I work for what I get in life. 

I think a high maintenance person can come in two types. The selfish, bratty, give me everything I want because somehow her partner is worth less that she is in the relationship type being one. The other being a person who is struggling with a lot on her plate or has a lot of baggage. The first needs to just grow up but I can understand the second. However, I think a lady with a lot of baggage should be responsible enough to abstain from relationships in which her baggage can negatively effect a partner. 

morning_glories
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:23 AM
I'm Low maintenance. 1) I take care of myself 2)I provide my own pampering; use bottle die, paint my own nails, etc. I think high maintenance is when a woman has to go to the Salon every six weeks or more, gets regular manicures, and pedicures. They have to have the best brands of clothes and shoes and they are the ones that cry about breaking a nail, and go for walks in the park with 4 inch heels. lol. I don't think there are too many of them out there, but they do exist.
liels898
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:38 AM
No worries, RTS is Rape Trauma Syndrome. Basically PTSD.
Quoting hapullymareed:

Forgive my ignorance (and nosiness), but what is RTS?

Quoting liels898:

Right now I'm high maintenance. Well, I consider myself to be at least, according to others I'm not. But I'm in recovery from RTS and self harm and I wouldn't want someone else to have to deal with my recovery and the struggle it entails so I'm not looking for a relationship. But in general, in past relationships and as a woman without the added baggage of recovery, no, I'm not high maintenance. I'm generally very loving and accepting and I've never expected anyone to do anything for me or give me anything, I work for what I get in life. 

I think a high maintenance person can come in two types. The selfish, bratty, give me everything I want because somehow her partner is worth less that she is in the relationship type being one. The other being a person who is struggling with a lot on her plate or has a lot of baggage. The first needs to just grow up but I can understand the second. However, I think a lady with a lot of baggage should be responsible enough to abstain from relationships in which her baggage can negatively effect a partner. 

hapullymareed
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:51 AM
I would say someone high maintenance is someone who has to have certain things...latest fashions, certain brands, certain makeup, hair and nails done, etc. My sister is like that. She dresses all her kids in expensive clothes too and her boys looked like d-bags wearing socks with crocs...all preppy. Her little girl always has a hat on, which is cute, but the kid is 2 and has like 35 hats (no exaggeration). Plus she acts like the rest of us bros and sis (5 of us) are all country bumpkins (except she is nice to my SIL who kisses her ass and SIL & my bro r totally in debt cuz she tries to be like my snooty sis and have all latest styles). I used to be more like that when I was younger and always had my nails and hair done, and I wouldn't even think of leaving the house without makeup on, but after I had kids I became more frugal and almost became one of those people who go in public in their pjs, but it never got that bad. Now I do get my hair & nails done, but if I couldn't afford it I wouldn't, and I do like to have some nice stuff, like certain perfume and cosmetics as a treat to myself, but like I said, if I couldn't afford it I wouldn't get it.
drowningmama
by vendetta on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:55 AM
extremely low
garnet83
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Emotionally - Extremely low maintenance. I require very little attention and it takes a lot to affect my emotions or my mood.

Physically - Depends on how you look at it. Technically, high maintenance. I always have my hair and makeup done. I spend money on a very reputable hair stylist. I love clothes and shoes and I work out. However, I don't make it anyone else's problem. I do all this myself and it doesn't affect anyone else. I'm not the woman whose husband waits around for her to finish getting ready because I get up at the crack of dawn to prevent that kind of thing. So high maintenance for myself but low to others.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)