Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im dreaming of disney

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
I really want to take my kids to Disney world. I have 3 kids. I've never planned a vacation and we've only done day trips. I know from looking at everything its probably going to cost us 7,000 ish. How much did you spend going? Is it worth it??
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by BEXi on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Never been.. could never afford it anytime soon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:08 AM

The last time we went,  I spent around $4,000, that included flights and hotel. I went through a travel agency and was able to save a little more than I would have, having booked it on my own. 

How old are your kids?

Maries_Mom23
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:09 AM

I'd love to go...but, we don't have the funds right now.  My cousin is taking her 4 year old dd for her birthday in September.  Her travel agent got them a package deal that added up to be about $600 a person.  They are staying either 3 or 4 nights at a Disney resort, a 3 day park hopper pass, and their meal ticket.  They each get 2 meals inside Disney World (a fast food type place and a sit down place) per day and a snack.  I haven't been since I was in Kindergarten, so, I can't say if it's worth it or not.  My girls are saving up for us to maybe go in a few years.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Right now 8,5, and 22 months. I'm thinking February vacation. So they would be 9,5, &2. I'm just worried about biting off more than I can chew with 3 kids attempting something like this.

Quoting Anonymous:

The last time we went,  I spent around $4,000, that included flights and hotel. I went through a travel agency and was able to save a little more than I would have, having booked it on my own. 

How old are your kids?

SparklePants
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Try mousesavers.com

its a small word travel agents is what a lot of people use, they don't charge you anymore than you would pay booking it yourself, they also help you decide what you want and get you the best prices 

shajdinyak
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:21 AM
we go often! definately worth it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:21 AM
My sister n her family if 5 are only spending less than 4000, everything included in a Disney resort. And 2 is her kids count as adults. Why would you spend 7000?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Well I planned on flying, renting a car, and I know they have the dinning included on some I would also like to take them to sea world universal and Lego land and those are not part of Disney.

Quoting Anonymous:

My sister n her family if 5 are only spending less than 4000, everything included in a Disney resort. And 2 is her kids count as adults. Why would you spend 7000?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Wouldn't know. My kids despised everything and anything to do with Disney...including never wanting to go to their overpriced,overdone amusement park. I definitely dodged a bullet there. Having four kids at Disney would've literally put me into the poor house and foreclosure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:31 AM
My kids would be fine with Lego land and sea world, but if I'm going to get on a plane and bring 3 kids to Florida they are doing Disney too. I went as a kid and it was a lot of fun. It is expensive

Quoting Anonymous:

Wouldn't know. My kids despised everything and anything to do with Disney...including never wanting to go to their overpriced,overdone amusement park. I definitely dodged a bullet there. Having four kids at Disney would've literally put me into the poor house and foreclosure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured