Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Elevator etiquette

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:20 AM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
I've noticed lately that people crowd the entrance of the elevator instead of making room for the people already in the elevator to get off. It's also mostly adults Ive seen do that, not kids.

Isn't that common sense first of all but just being polite as well?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bonitalilmama
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Yes, but must people lack common sense SMH
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I always teach my children to step back and allow peole to get off. And when getting off, I get off and cause peopleto back up - BC it is the proper order in which to do things.

BestestMom11
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:21 AM
I agree!!! They can't get on until people get off. I've said that out loud to folks that are crowding the doors too.

Pretty stupid that people are so anxious to be the first to get in the elevator anyway. Last on = first off!! :-)
bonitalilmama
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Same with buses, they dont let people off but it be a crowd trying to jump on
MomKat7
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Unfortunately, simple good manners are becomming obsolete.
Bitch.please
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:24 AM
We don't live in a world where people are polite anymore. This is a me me me world..
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:34 AM
And that's what I'm teaching mine. Back up and move to the side so who ever is on has room to get off.

Quoting teri4lance:

I always teach my children to step back and allow peole to get off. And when getting off, I get off and cause peopleto back up - BC it is the proper order in which to do things.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I've made comments too. I just don't get the mentality, one lady earlier today actually glared at me because I didn't let her get on while I was trying to get off.

Quoting BestestMom11:

I agree!!! They can't get on until people get off. I've said that out loud to folks that are crowding the doors too.

Pretty stupid that people are so anxious to be the first to get in the elevator anyway. Last on = first off!! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:36 AM

people are stupid fucking selfish assholes and it's getting worse.  who cares about the next guy -- ME ME ME ME ME ME!

Val99
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM

People act like manners are optional now.  it's really quite sad that parents aren't teaching their children common (uncommon?) courtesy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN