Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fast food workers paid up to 15hr? thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
The battle over a living wage in Washington, D.C., will become part of a national conversation on Monday when workers from several major fast food chains go on strike.

Employees at chains like McDonald's, KFC, Burger King and Papa John's in seven cities will call for a living wage. They want to raise pay rates to $15 an hour.

They call their movement "Fast Food Forward" and the strike could last through Thursday. It comes as the District and Walmart battle over a living wage.

The retail giant has threatened to hold off plans for some of its D.C. stores if the council approves a living wage increase.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Replies (11-20):
BEXi
by BEXi on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:33 AM
5 moms liked this

Either minimum wage needs to be much higher than it is, or Education needs to be more affordable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:33 AM
I believe people who earn the wage deserve 15 an hour... THe experience alone deserves a high raise.

I don't care if its a job no one will take or people think is crap... You eat their food you pay for their services... Everyone deserves a wage where they can live comfortably... To me 7.25 is not enough.
2012Rabbit12
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

They have a point. You can't provide for your children or pay rent making minimum wage without the help of welfare.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:34 AM
3 moms liked this
People cant win. They get laid off and people yell at them to get any damn job they can find, but even if they are working full time on minimum wage they still get PA and people bitch about that.

I dont think any adult dreams of working at McDonlads, but I respect anyone who will take any job available to support their family.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you want a 'living wage' get a career. You can't take ever crap job that needs zero education and make them pay $15 plus an hour.

illinoismommy83
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Good. Go on strike. I'd love to see fast food restaurants shut down. Then the unskilled workers can go fine a new minimum wage job with their lack of skills.

mom2theA-team
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Old news, DC already approved a living wage standard. 

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Wal-Mart has already cancelled plans to open three stores in that area, I think all chains should do the same thing.....put them all out of work.

illinoismommy83
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM
2 moms liked this

Unskilled jobs were never meant to provide for a family. Adults are supposed to have a career.

Quoting 2012Rabbit12:

They have a point. You can't provide for your children or pay rent making minimum wage without the help of welfare.

LOVEZOEY
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM

$15 an hour wage for workers-->higher food prices-->less business for fast food=not gonna work

paige8608
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I rarely meet a fast food worker that is worth $15/hr.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)