Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I lie to my son every Sunday

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:40 AM
  • 93 Replies
1 mom liked this

Every Sunday I tell a whit lie about where I'm going when I go grocery shopping. I say I'm shopping for makeup or something not fun. It's just so much easier shopping without him and he is very willful about wanting to go places with me and about putting all sorts of crap we don't need into the cart. He's my 3rd, much younger than the other 2 so I'm worn out.

by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GrinningCheese
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Well that's what being a mom's about TAKING CARE of them. You can't put yourself first when it comes to having kids. If you were worn out then you should've never had him. Can't be a mom if you abandon him.
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:45 AM

My son is arounds your sons age and he'd want to go with me anyway. He's such a mommy's boy. lol Do what you need to do I guess.

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:46 AM
9 moms liked this
she is not abandoning him ffs

Quoting GrinningCheese:

Well that's what being a mom's about TAKING CARE of them. You can't put yourself first when it comes to having kids. If you were worn out then you should've never had him. Can't be a mom if you abandon him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:46 AM
4 moms liked this

she's going shopping for a few hours once a week. Unless there is something more to the story that is not abandoning her kid. 

Quoting GrinningCheese:

GOBryan
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I find grocery shopping boring. I let my husband do that all by himself. You want to shoo me away, say you're going grocery shopping or to see sports. I'm gone! 

I like shopping alone also. 

Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:47 AM
12 moms liked this

Quoting GrinningCheese:

LOL

she wants to go food shopping without hassle she's not abandoning her child.

OMG im putting this down as a cafemom best.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:50 AM
6 moms liked this

Abandoning him?  I think she said she was grocery shopping, not going to Fiji for a month with the pool boy.

Quoting GrinningCheese:

Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:51 AM
2 moms liked this

Too late grinning cheese is already dialing the national CPS hotline!

Quoting Anonymous:

Abandoning him?  I think she said she was grocery shopping, not going to Fiji for a month with the pool boy.

Quoting GrinningCheese:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I total understand, I have 5 kids and there is no way I'm bringing any of them grocery shopping with me, it's just crazy nuts when I try even with just 1 or 2 tagging along.

As long as your spending time during the week with him, I see nothing wrong at all taking a little time for yourself in addition to grocery shopping alone. Sometimes this is the only way I can keep my sanity.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:53 AM
2 moms liked this

LMAO.  If that chick only knew what I lie to my kids about.  I tell them my good chocolates stashed away in my drawer are laxatives.  OH, the horror.

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Too late grinning cheese is already dialing the national CPS hotline!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GrinningCheese:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)