Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my parents never fail to amaze me!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:11 PM
  • 81 Replies
1 mom liked this
My parents have always done so much to me. From rushing me to the hospital when I had my daughter by emergancy c section. To coming all the way to nc to see me have my 2nd daughter.from giving me and my husband 400 dollars for a cabin to just sending presents for the kids weekly. Well we had no money this week for food, my daughter was sad and wanted food she loved besides what we had. We aparently didn't budget to good this time and were down and out. Well my mom sent us money out of the kindness of her heart and we went to the market and got some food :) bananas, bangos, apples, fresh foods for my daughter and stuff for dinner. I started crying bc I couldn't thank them enough when I saw my daughter eating her fav foods because they helped us. I told them thank you a million times. And all they could say is we will send you a couple hundred to put away incase this happens again. And I'm like omg you guys are too good to me!

So tell me do you have a down and out story where your family saved you??
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:17 PM
My dad has helped us so much over the past few years.
Cassidysmom611
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:21 PM

My parents have helped us numerous times. Usually just some gas money here or there, or my mom will show up with some extra groceries.

I really appreciate the help, especially since loosing my job in February due to taking to much time off for my disabled daughter. 

DH and I always try to pay them back the following week but they never let us lol.

mommabee1
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM
My parents taught me how to budget and take care of myself so I don't have to depend on someone to bail me out.
mommabee1
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM
thats how mine are. The never ask for anything in return. They love me and the kids/husband so they are always willing to do whatever they can.

Quoting Cassidysmom611:

My parents have helped us numerous times. Usually just some gas money here or there, or my mom will show up with some extra groceries.

I really appreciate the help, especially since loosing my job in February due to taking to much time off for my disabled daughter. 

DH and I always try to pay them back the following week but they never let us lol.

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM

My parents have helped me anytime I needed them to. They also hold every single thing over my head. So glad I haven't had to ask for their help in years! :)

velvetkitty
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Bangos sound so good right now...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyneedssleep
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:25 PM
My mom does so much for me and my kids.
She bought all of my sons school supplies this year and have my daughter money for school clothes!
I can't buy my daughters supplies until school starts so now all I have to do is buy my sons clothes and her supplies and they are set!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:26 PM

My parents raised me to be a responsible adult.

I've don't have to rely on them to provide for my family.

mommabee1
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:26 PM
well congrats, but everyone falls. I don't depend on anyone, they choose to help me bc they love me and the kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

My parents taught me how to budget and take care of myself so I don't have to depend on someone to bail me out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured