Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Rant to the gravy sloppin fast food workers

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:46 PM
  • 89 Replies
3 moms liked this
Look I get it. This is texas and the fact that there are people out there that don't like gravy is hard to imagine but we do exist. You may only meet one of us in your entire fast food career but I assure you there are Texans out there that don't like gravy. So when I call out I'd like a number 3 and instead of French fries can I get mashed potatoes NO GRAVY please give it a minute to sink in. Go ahead, I don't mind waiting because I understand its akin to denouncing God around here. You will probably recoil in horror and once it sinks in that I really did ask for no gravy on my mashed potatoes you can call out my order back to me and make sure you also say no gravy because although it hurts to say those two little words it assures me you did indeed hear and comprehend what I asked for. At least I asked for sweet tea when I was ordering my fried chicken so there is still some Texan running through my blood.

When I drive around to the window feel free to ask me again about my gravy preference. In fact please do ask so that I can be assured you understood my seemingly impossible request. Go ahead and look at me like I have two heads, I'm used to it and it no longer bothers me. When you ask if I'd like gravy on the side and I say no thank you take me at my word and don't slip that nasty shit in my bag.

Please double... No triple check my mashed potatoes to make sure that vile dirt colored goo isn't smothering my mashed potatoes because I will check my bag before I drive off and I will hand back the mashed potatoes to you and ask you to once again to make mine without gravy and I won't be as nice this time.

Now ill give you my memaws number and feel free to give her a talking to because I refuse to touch your nasty gravy. It's her doing because when you grow up eating tomato or sausage gravy from a woman who grew up in Texas in the 30s and 40s nothing ever compares.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Lol
LitNut
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Can't stand gravy from anywhere but my grandma's kitchen. I understand your feelings perfectly, haha.

countrymomma81
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I feel ya. I hate going to Popeye's and ordering mashed potatoes with no gravy. They always tell me it's impossible to get no gravy because the mashed potatoes come with gravy. Um, ok then. 

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:58 PM
It's just nasty and all I ever taste is salt. Yuck.

Quoting LitNut:

Can't stand gravy from anywhere but my grandma's kitchen. I understand your feelings perfectly, haha.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatieHops
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. This isnt excessive at all.
HaleyCovington
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Now I'm hungry....
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:01 PM
3 moms liked this
Wow your humor button is broken

Quoting KatieHops:

Wow. This isnt excessive at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:01 PM
I wont eat anything but homemade gravy. The rest is disgusting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:01 PM

What about gravy on french fries???

rollin3kidsdeep
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:02 PM
What is tomato gravy?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)