Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Family secrets

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM
  • 266 Replies
1 mom liked this

What are yours?

by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
destiny83
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Uhh. hmmm. My grandma's wedding was witnessed by two mafia members because it was a small family wedding. 

theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

My Grandmother married my Grandfather, gave birth to my Dad and then divorced my Grandfather to marry his younger brother. 

In vain he thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts.

JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I wish I knew mine. I know that my granmother changed her name at one point. Moved out to California and got married, came back single and pregnant. Told people the father had died but then I heard he never died. There were a lot of secrets she took to her grave. My great grandma walked away from her kids and remarried but didn't have more children. So sad. I always wondered what her reasons were.

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom was physically abused by her mother.

JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:23 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. Not to long ago in our history, normal discipline is what we call abuse today. :(

Quoting Gardeningmom4:

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Oh even back than it would have been called abuse.But i know what you mean.

Quoting JackieGirl007:

I'm sorry to hear that. Not to long ago in our history, normal discipline is what we call abuse today. :(

Quoting Gardeningmom4:

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Quoting JackieGirl007:

I wish I knew mine. I know that my granmother changed her name at one point. Moved out to California and got married, came back single and pregnant. Told people the father had died but then I heard he never died. There were a lot of secrets she took to her grave. My great grandma walked away from her kids and remarried but didn't have more children. So sad. I always wondered what her reasons were.

I've been thinking about your great grandmother.It's possible she wanted to take the kids with her but was threatened into not doing it.There could be so many reasons.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:53 PM
3 moms liked this

My dad's mom and dad were 2nd cousins. Yes they are from Ky.lol And my mom and dad(whom I never had contact with) met in a mental institution. She was there for bi-polar and I've heard he either was there to dry out or he was an orderly. And people wonder why I have the issues I do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
My dad was in the KKK.
aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this

We are boring, no earth shattering secrets here.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)