Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My sister won't let me explain

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 102 Replies
My nephew, niece, sister and my kids were all in my car on the way to the mall. My oldest asked for his favorite "witch music" CD to be on. My nephew, ten, asked if I was a witch. I said I was and my sister told me not to elaborate. My nephew now keeps going on about it and my sister refuses to let me or my kids explain our faith, either. She says she accepts my faith, but she makes us hide from her kids. I had to shrug when my niece asked what my altar was and my sister told her it was just decoration. I am half tempted to blow up on her in frustration. Arg! She forces Jesus on my kids, but I cannot even explain my faith. It is getting on my nerves and I don't want to fight.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:36 PM
12 moms liked this
When she goes all hallelujah on you and your kids, interrupt her and tell her you're not interested.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:36 PM
4 moms liked this

I would say well if I can't explain my faith. Then I don't want you to either. If you do, I will to. I would talk to her in person and alone about this. but I would make a point.

Moe1521
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
How old are the kids?

Maybe she just doesn't want them to get confused, but I know it must be frustrating for you.

Edit: I wouldn't let her talk about her faith if you're not allowed to talk about yours. I might suggest keeping things civil, and not talk about faith/religion......
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:36 PM
9 moms liked this

Sorry I would probably not want you to talk about being a witch either to my kids.

momto3boys85
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Well said, agree 100%

Quoting Litlmama87:

When she goes all hallelujah on you and your kids, interrupt her and tell her you're not interested.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Agreed!

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Sorry I would probably not want you to talk about being a witch either to my kids.

andreamarie
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Do you live together and whose car is it ?
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:41 PM
5 moms liked this

I would either start telling her to hide her religion in front of my kids, or when she did start telling them about Jesus, I would turn around and start explaining being a witch to her kids.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Tell her stop pushing her faith and you wont push yous but if she cant respect it you wont see her till she can
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Tell her flat out that if you are expected to hide your faith around her kids, then she damn sure is going to do the same around yours. Sure it sounds childish but your sister sounds like a liar, a two-faced liar at that and I cannot stand people like that. I have inlaws like that and refuse to associate with them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)