Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Another S/O of the "Who had more partners" post...

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:54 PM
  • 11 Replies

That post made me think of a situation I've found myself in recently. 

I spent an evening with a mixed group of friends, we had some drinks and somehow we got onto the subject of sex, relationships and one-night-stands. A guy friend said he had 20ist, maybe closer to 25 sexual partners, he got loud cheering and even some howling in response. said that so did I, and I got the blankstares, the "Really" and the negative "wow" in response. All of this happened in the span of five minutes.

Me being me, I had to turn it into a whole other discussion about why the hell is it okay when a man does it and frowned upon when it's a woman. I have to say that I was more surprised about the comments from the female part of the group than the male. I would have expected a man to think differently about a woman who had a lot of partners, but I wouldn't have expected a woman to tell me that the she thinks that the only difference between a promiscuous woman and a hooker is that one charges and the other doesn't.

So, when a man sleeps around, he's a player, and when a woman does it, she's a whore?

Personally, I feel that a woman is equally as entitled to enjoy her body as she sees fit as a man is. So I like sex. I do not need or want a committed relationship at this point in my life. I'm old enough and responsible enough to enjoy one without the other. What's the problem?

Opinions?

by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I am all for equality! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I got nothing.
Plead the fifth
paganmommy4
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:56 PM

EXACTLY. He can get his player on but she can't slut around? I was in relationships and men just put their penis in anything that walks. its really stupid. 

csxt99
by Jennifer on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:57 PM

That is the way it has always been and I seriously doubt that it will change in my lifetime.  I don't agree with the double standard, but that doesn't change anything.

fraujones
by Mommytron on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:58 PM
A double standard still exists sadly.
elitish
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:59 PM
You hang out with assholes.
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:01 PM

I won't say that didn't cross my mind after having that conversation. It may have something to do with the fact none of us were exactly sober.

Quoting elitish:

elitish
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Even drunk as hell, my male and female friends don't give a shit what someone does in their own bedroom or with their own bodies. It's a nonissue. They need to grow up.

Quoting Sister_Someone:

I won't say that didn't cross my mind after having that conversation. It may have something to do with the fact none of us were exactly sober.

Quoting elitish:

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:04 PM

oh I am absolutely not suprised that woman had a more judgemental view of you having many sexual partners, we are our own worst enemy when it comes to most things really, I think its women that keep that whole double standard alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I won't argue with that. :))

Quoting elitish:

Even drunk as hell, my male and female friends don't give a shit what someone does in their own bedroom or with their own bodies. It's a nonissue. They need to grow up.

Quoting Sister_Someone:

Quoting elitish:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN