Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i will be so pissed if he helps her

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
SO is thinking of helping his ex wife fix her washer...so here's a little backstory. Bm is an alcoholic and SO has full custody of their dd. We live together and I also have a dd. Bm has threatened him and I on countless occasions. We've tried to get restraining orders but they never go through. She's called.my dd ugly, called me every name in the book. Misses the supervised visits she's allowed because she's always drunk. He feels bad for her I guess but she makes all of our lives Hell, especially her poor dd. I'm going to be so pissed if he goes over there. Seriously. We have our own shit to do why help her :/ I haven't talked to him about it yet but I'm going to
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Bump
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:21 AM
3 moms liked this

I can understand your feelings but she is still the mother of his child. Even though your husband has custody of their child, it sounds like he still has a respect for her which is commendable. One day, their child will look back on her sick mother and see that her dad did the right thing and that is worth a lot. 

New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Agreed.

Quoting JulyBabies:

I can understand your feelings but she is still the mother of his child. Even though your husband has custody of their child, it sounds like he still has a respect for her which is commendable. One day, their child will look back on her sick mother and see that her dad did the right thing and that is worth a lot. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:23 AM
.....I've seen this somewhere I think....
ajdahd13
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Sounds like he can't let go. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Stepmom central

Quoting Anonymous:

.....I've seen this somewhere I think....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I agree with you. There is no need for him to go over to her place, as the dd lives with you two. They're divorced, and she's a trouble maker, so nothing good can come from him helping her out.

Moe1521
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Well said.

Quoting JulyBabies:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:27 AM

If he wants to help her sheesh let him help her.

She is the mother of his child, he wants her to get better & help her how he can. 

It wouldn't bother me, but I've dealt w/alcoholism & addiction in my family so maybe I am just not angry over it anymore.  I don't believe them, I don't listen when they lash out, it is what it is.  But if something needed fixing we would help.

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I agree with julybabies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)