Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bringing child to work with me at about 2 weeks old?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies

Hi ladies,

Random question...Does anyone see a problem with me bringing my approximately 2 week old infant to work with me? I work in a gym child care room for about 14 hours a week (only usually 3-4 hours at a time), and my current plan is to bring him with me when I need to work. I will be BF, so it will be easier just to have him with me. Returning to work at a later time is not possible at this point. I will be speaking with his pediatrician about it before I do anything.

I plan to get a moby wrap and keep him on me most if not all of the time, so it will limit the exposure to the other kids.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessicamarquez
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Id do it so long as its ok with work
babydsmommy18
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:58 PM
That is super young, but you have to do what you have to do. If you wear him he won't be touched alot abs if you do allow others to touch him make them wash hands a sanitize... Btw my dd is 3 months now and she loves.her Moby I've been wearing her since 3 Weeks old.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:58 PM

I work at a gym child care, too. My supervisor did that when her son was born...but she wasn't always in the room with the kids, she did a lot of paperwork and stuff at her desk right outside of the child care room with her baby in the Moby. Sometimes she was in the room with us (and the germy kids). She said he would always sleep for an hour in the baby swing we have.  I probably would have brought ds at a month or so old, if I'd worked there at the time.

I love that ds can go to work with me.

meg0620
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:01 AM
I would do it if the work allowed it. I took my baby to target on the way home from the hospital lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Hey...is your name Julie?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Mobys weren't real big when I had my DD 6 years ago, but now it just seems so much nicer than leaving them in a carseat, or bouncer, etc most of the time because you need your hands free. I'm still not 100% sure how to do it, but plan on attending a class before he comes.

Quoting babydsmommy18:

That is super young, but you have to do what you have to do. If you wear him he won't be touched alot abs if you do allow others to touch him make them wash hands a sanitize... Btw my dd is 3 months now and she loves.her Moby I've been wearing her since 3 Weeks old.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:15 AM

have you cleared this with your employer?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:16 AM

That could be the interesting part. We don't take in children before 6 weeks from our members, but as I am staff and will be the only (mostly) one caring for him, I don't expect it to be a huge deal. I spoke with one of my supervisors about it and he said just do it (don't bother asking about it to his supervisor). So I said ok.

Quoting Jessicamarquez:

Id do it so long as its ok with work

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I wouldnt like it if I were your boss.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:17 AM

By the time my DD was two weeks I was taking her everywhere with me. I hated being cooped up in the house. Drove me nuts lol

Quoting meg0620:

I would do it if the work allowed it. I took my baby to target on the way home from the hospital lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)