Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

give me strength(adoption)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
I'm doing adoption because i really can't afford or give this baby the emotional aspects and love it would require. i have two other children who currently are living with their fathers. my life is a mess and i wanna fix it for my other children. don't wanna make this baby live the lives the other children had too.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:25 AM
2 moms liked this

You are making a very selfless decision.  You are giving a couple a gift that will be cherished forever.  You will be their hero.  You will be your child's hero.  Take your time as you choose your parents for your child.  If you choose a couple and meet with them and it doesn't feel right, don't hesitate to choose another couple.  Be honest with them and find out what their expectations are ... Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Thank you so much. it's been such an emotional roller coaster and I've managed so well so far. i still cry about it from time to time. but everyone says that's normal

Quoting bcauseimthemom:

You are making a very selfless decision.  You are giving a couple a gift that will be cherished forever.  You will be their hero.  You will be your child's hero.  Take your time as you choose your parents for your child.  If you choose a couple and meet with them and it doesn't feel right, don't hesitate to choose another couple.  Be honest with them and find out what their expectations are ... Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Is completely normal to feel scared and overwhelmed. But you are doing a wonderful, very special thing that takes great strength. You are an amazing woman to do such so very selfless for your child, and your child will thank you.
ohmandy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this

i was adopted.  of the people i know that were adopted, all of them understand and are happy for the lives they have.  best of luck.  just remember, you are doing what is best :)

fivegirls333
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:37 AM

no shame.  i wish you would not have gone anonymous.  i would like to give you some support!  you are blessing this baby with parents who have waited patiently for a miracle...you will be their angel!  what a great legacy...you get good mommy points!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:37 AM
God i hope he thanks me. because I've had to fight tooth and nail to be so strong and to refrain from crying about it so much.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is completely normal to feel scared and overwhelmed. But you are doing a wonderful, very special thing that takes great strength. You are an amazing woman to do such so very selfless for your child, and your child will thank you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:38 AM
oh my gosh thank you jesus for this womans story! i put my 3rd child up for adoption last year because i could not afford her! little did i know that if i literally shout and praise jesus out loud to help me and deliever me from poverty he would do that...well story is i didnt ask him for his help and now that i look back i wish i would have just praised him in my house when my children were their because he would have healed me and helped me so that i didnt have to put her up for adoption,please praise him now! he will make a way for you to raise that baby without being poor!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:41 AM
I'm the op. hello my name is liz
megan91
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Always do whats best for everyone in the situation. it sounds like you are and he/she will know you did it purely out of love. i wish you and your family a quick recovery.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:43 AM
I have asked god for help. and he is helping me. he is helping me to be strong and helping me go through this adoption with a great amount of support and love.

Quoting Anonymous:

oh my gosh thank you jesus for this womans story! i put my 3rd child up for adoption last year because i could not afford her! little did i know that if i literally shout and praise jesus out loud to help me and deliever me from poverty he would do that...well story is i didnt ask him for his help and now that i look back i wish i would have just praised him in my house when my children were their because he would have healed me and helped me so that i didnt have to put her up for adoption,please praise him now! he will make a way for you to raise that baby without being poor!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)