Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you let your kid act like this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies
Maybe I'm being too picky.
Today DS, who is 4, had a playdate with a friend's kid, who is 5. He was really excited.

But, the whole time there, the kid wouldn't pick anything to do that DS likes to do. All he wanted to do was make toys "fight" each other. He talked nonstop about fighting, killing, shooting, and dead guys. DS isn't used to that kind of play. I kept gently trying to steer to other activities, but this kid would have none of it.

I didn't push too hard, since it wasn't my house, but it was frustrating. The mom even let her son play his 30 minutes of allotted video game time AND watch tv while we were there.

I just found it a bit strange and frustrating. My DS had been so excited, and left very confused.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:16 AM
1 mom liked this
B
Anonymous
U
Anonymous
M
Anonymous
P
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:19 AM
Bumpity
OrangeBalloon
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:20 AM

No. When my dd has a play date I make sure that they are a lot of things for the kids to play with. If I were you, I would find another little boy for your son to play with that is more willing to take turns. 

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:20 AM
1 mom liked this

no. i would encourage my child to do things they both enjoyed. the other kid is his guest, its rude to leave them out or only do what you want to do.

GrinningCheese
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:24 AM
UGH I hate when parents let their kids do what they want while having friends over. I grew up if you had friends over you did something together and if they didn't do what you wanted then you didn't get to do it. My niece did that a lot. Invite friends over and then get on the computer or watch a movie leaving her friend to find something to do. That's not how well behaved children act. I would've taken ds and clearly stated that we'd go somewhere else to have fun.
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:27 AM

Yep. He does. He's very boy-ish. He's into superheros and killing the bad guys and saving the world. Has been sincce he was 2 or 3.

Hartbrayka
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:32 AM

Maybe the mom let him play his game and tv cause she saw that the playdate was getting nowhere.  He likes rough play, your kid doesn't.  No big deal.  Now you know they won't get along. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)