Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

FFS, it's hair...NOT a tattoo!!! **ETA 1 &2**

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:02 AM
  • 382 Replies
14 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

It's hair! It grows back, color fades, color can be removed. It's not a permanent, life altering body modification. Open your mind or close your mouth!

A child can't possibly know what they want at 2 or 3? Guess we shouldn't feed them, or hug them or kiss them if they ask. They don't know anything and don't have the intelligence to understand, right?

ETA: Some people are confused. This is my DD who is 14. She currently has dark brown hair. This post was in defense of people bashing moms on here who let their children express their individuality in harmless ways. Its not me and unlike what some anon thinks, she is also NOT a 16 yr old who's boyfriend punched her and gave her a black eye. Carry on.

ETA 2: This first pic is the result of pulling a deep purple out of her hair. Her hair is now a dark brown and we are done with all over bold color. Her next idea is colored extensions, which I'll let her do because it won't be chemically treating her hair. Her hair is pretty damaged from all of this, as I told her it would be. I had to let her live and learn. I'm not bashing anyone who says no to their child, I'm just tired of the bashing that moms like me are getting.

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
idee
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:03 AM
2 moms liked this

I think it looks cute.

ashleighmama
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:03 AM
I like it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:04 AM
13 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:04 AM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

lovemylittle1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:05 AM
It looks super fun! I would put that color in my hair!!
DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks. I'm just supporting another mother on here, several probably, who get bashed for being trashy and letting their kids dye their hair. Driving me batty!

Quoting ashleighmama:

I like it!
raye-chan
by Raye on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:06 AM
That is some bright pink!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Looks like hot hot pink...one of my favs!

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:08 AM
Cute. Dd wants to dye her hair blue but daddy says no way. :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:09 AM
3 moms liked this

At 15 or 16 my kids can choose their hair color. Prior to that, my answer is no. I'm quite lenient on their personal choices otherwise.

My 7yo son asked me to paint his nails a couple of weeks ago. My mom and grandmother thought it was strange and even made comments. WTFever.

My son picks his clothing at the store (although I know his taste so I don't need him with me). He needs my help with matching his daily outfits though. Oh boy what a mess otherwise.

He can pick the type of socks and underwear he feels most comfortable with.

He chooses his hair length.

So just like I won't bash your choice to let your kids choose their hair color, I don't want my choice to NOT allow my kids to pick their hair color prior to age 15/16 to be judged.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN