Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im sending my 2.5 year old to daycare even though i'm a sahm

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
My 2.5 year old is driving me up the wall. From the time she wakes up till the time she goes to bed she is going wild. She is so loud and her attention span is 30 seconds. She never sits down and is always into something. She wont take a nap and usually gets up at 6am. All day long she wants her blanket and bottle. If i dont give it to her she screams bloody murder until i do. She cries all day long until i give in to her demands. If we are out in public she goes to the bathroom. As soon as we walk in the house she crys for a bottle blanket and diaper. I have decided she needs to go to daycare to be around kids her own age. I have spoiled her and it has bit me in my butt
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Socialization will be good for her. Take the bottle away she's too old for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i_am_no_1
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I understand. It's not like you're hurting her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Yep well don't forget that you are the one who turned her into that, and now you're just sucking it up and using it as an excuse to be a lazy parent. Ya good luck with that, hope it doesn't work out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Hey - I never sent any of my kids to daycare (well actually 1 did go - but he was sick so much that I ended up pulling him out) and it's bitten me in the ass socially, educationally AND with their immune system. I think that all kids SHOULD go to daycare/preschool at least twice a week so that they are emotionally and socially prepared for school, and so that they have a chance to build an immune system. All of my kids get what the other kids consider a normal cold, and it knocks them on their butt's for 2/3 days. Definetely kicking myself. Although - after the horror stories of what my DD's been through WORKING in daycare, I'm incredibly glad I didn't send them to the local place around here. In saying so - my guide to parents is - try and wait till your kids are able to talk so that they can tell you if anything goes wrong, but if that's not possible - always listen to your gut, try and pick a centre with camera's (that record - not just monitor), big glass windows that you can see through each room in; and linked rooms if that's possible so that there is always someone else watching/listening at all times.

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:45 AM

She NEEDS discipline and socialization.  Try a moms day out our part time.  I used to use a drop in daycare when I had doctors appts or went places DS couldn't go.  He loved it!  

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:47 AM
2 moms liked this

Way to be a douche!  It's ok for a SAHM to need help and a break.  Socialization is very important for kids and that's hard to do if you have one.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep well don't forget that you are the one who turned her into that, and now you're just sucking it up and using it as an excuse to be a lazy parent. Ya good luck with that, hope it doesn't work out.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:48 AM
I have used PT care for my dd after I had my son. It was awesome.
The socialization is great. They will want you to ditch the bottle, though. You will still be responsoble for discipline but it soumds like you could use a break for now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I've been thinking about sending my 2.5 yo just so he can he some friends. Luckily he grew out of all that and is pretty much past his terrible 2s 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:51 AM
I would look for a preschool program for her. The socialization and structure will be great for her and if you can find a church based program, it will be much less expensive than a daycare.
ATG499
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
You need to discipline her and take her bottle away. Be consistent. Giving in just shows her she has to throw a fit if she doesn't get her way and eventually you will give in.

I'm working on doing this with my four year old now. (The ddiscipline; he's been off of bottles since a month after his first birthday.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN