Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When do you start the "return to school" routine?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 172 Replies

We're going to start next Monday. DH goes back to work Monday, and we're going to follow the same routine. Up at 6. In bed by 8. I think this will give her a month of getting used to getting up and it's not such a shock to her when school starts back up.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:38 AM

ours doesnt change over the summer, so school starting is just like the rest of the year

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:38 AM
We will start after vacation, about 3 weeks before school starts.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:38 AM

we homeschool, so getting up early isn't really a requirement for the kids.  i usually get up earlier during the school year, but the kids get up whenever.  if i had to wake up early and dress all the kids, i would lose my mind.  it takes me entirely too long to get going in the morning.

mom2ljh
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:39 AM
About a week before school starts. So he has another two weeks of galavanting freedom, lol.
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:40 AM
5 moms liked this

The night before the first day. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Ours did. We all slept in later, and stay up later. Lol. DH starts back to work next week though, so he's trying to get into the routine now.

DD will have a month before school starts.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

ours doesnt change over the summer, so school starting is just like the rest of the year

Not_A_Native
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:42 AM
5 moms liked this

I always started about 3 days before school starts - no sense starting so early, it doesn't take that long to get used to a change in routine.  And you're ruining a month of his summer vacation!

Mother.May.I.
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I really really need to start that routine this week. THey go back to school next Wednesday. I had them in bed by 9:30 last night but we slept in till 8. My dh is on 3rds now and doesn't leave till 10:30 and of course they want to stay up until he leaves. 

malissaL
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

this and shortly thereafter DD falls right back to routine naturally after a couple days. No biggie.

Quoting Sister_Someone:

The night before the first day. 

Its my body and I'll do what I want to.

jmart18255
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:43 AM

they start trickiling home from their respective summer homes ( 3 go stay with my mil for the summer an my 14yo goes an stays with his father for the summer) about 2 weeks before school starts so as they come home they start the back to school routine. so in about 2 weeks all hell will be breaking loose lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured