Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im pregnant and I cant eat!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I am 26 weeks and this problem is getting worse by the day. I can hardly eat anything without feeling so full that I feel sick and I hurt SO bad because my whole stomach is just so full it feels like Im going to burst.

Now im not even talking about large portions or even normal ones. If I eat so much as 2 oz of food, I feel like this. It hurts sooo much!! The only relief I have is to lay down. But after eating you can visibly see my abdomen is stretched to the max (im also a small person so idk if thats why or what?). 

I did not have this problem with my daughter, but I am having it with this pregnancy. Its gotten to the point where I have to choose between drinking water and eating food. I want to be able to eat so badly but it physically hurts

I know this cant be normal but I dont know what to do. I have an OB appointment tomorrow and will be talking to my doctor about it.. but right now I need help!! I am miserable!!

This is beyond frustrating!! I see other pregnant women stuffing their faces with everything on the face of the earth but I cant even manage to get down 2 oz of food without feeling like I ate an entire cow!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
It's actually very normal and very sucky. Could be a couple things or a mix of a couple things. 1. You're backed up or have a blockage, therefore aren't digesting as fast as you should. 2. Baby is squishing your stomach (you'd also have some hard to breathe experiences) 3. A mix of all that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Quoting MaNdYbEaR2010:

It's actually very normal and very sucky. Could be a couple things or a mix of a couple things. 1. You're backed up or have a blockage, therefore aren't digesting as fast as you should. 2. Baby is squishing your stomach (you'd also have some hard to breathe experiences) 3. A mix of all that.

Ya when I eat I have a hard time breathing afterwards.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Depending on what your doctor thinks you might want to try doing some of the liquid meal replacement stuff. Like the Carnation instant breakfast or Ensure.
N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:55 AM

It's pretty normal but your case seems extreme. Sadly I don't think there is much the doc will be able to do for you to help. I guess just keep eating small amounts of food throughout the day. How are you doing on weight gain?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Quoting N_maricle:

It's pretty normal but your case seems extreme. Sadly I don't think there is much the doc will be able to do for you to help. I guess just keep eating small amounts of food throughout the day. How are you doing on weight gain?

Ive only gained 4 lbs and Im not surprised because I cant even eat anything! Thankfully baby is doing great his is right on track and im measuring perfect.

MinglingMom
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

It's probably the way you baby is positioned too. Just keep eating, even if it's every half hour. Make sure you're eating a lot of fuits in between your mini-meals so that you are at least taking in some fluids while you eat too.

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:57 AM
I was like that but not as extreme. I'm a bigger girl too. Oh and my baby girl hung out under my ribs throughout the whole pregnancy. Even when I was in labor she took forever to.drop lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MinglingMom:

It's probably the way you baby is positioned too. Just keep eating, even if it's every half hour. Make sure you're eating a lot of fuits in between your mini-meals so that you are at least taking in some fluids while you eat too.

Everything im eating is super healthy.. at this point im trying to make the most of what I can actually eat since space in my stomach is so limited.

N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:00 AM

The baby will take what it needs. It will literally leach the calcium from your bones! Be sure to keep taking your prenatals and maybe add a few more supplements? As I mentioned, calcium is very important.as someone else mentioned, maybe something like ensure would help? Good luck mama!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting N_maricle:

Ive only gained 4 lbs and Im not surprised because I cant even eat anything! Thankfully baby is doing great his is right on track and im measuring perfect.

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Maby try fruit smoothies? Might not make you feel so bad and you get vitamins and such. Unless the doc says otherwise...hope it gets better :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)