Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

3rd row seating or 7+ passenger car.

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • 55 Replies

Do any of y'all have a vehicle that has 3rd row seating that seats 7+ people? We will be buying a new vehicle in about a year and I'm really wanting the Nissan pathfinder but I'm still open to suggestions. If you or a close family/friend have a vehicle that has the 3rd row seating what do you like about it? I want one that seats 7+ not 6(I've seen vehicles lately that have the 3rd row seat but only seat 6 and that won't work) I LOVE the Nissan armada but the gas mileage makes me hate it. This is our main vehicle that we will be driving on family vacations and to visit family back home 1100+ miles away haha. So I want something that at least has decent gas mileage. I also like the newer ford explorer but I'm not a fan of American made cars I don't feel like they last as long as foriegn cars. And I want to his this car for at least 10 years. So what do you or you close family/friends drive that has 3rd row & 7+ passenger seating. What do you or them love/hate about it? If you could get a vehicle with 3rd row seating what would it be and why? 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Brett's mommy- March 26th, 2008
Brynna's mommy- December 9th, 2009

http://myjourneyfortheirmiracle.blogspot.com/

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doodasmomma
by Anita on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I've got a dodge durango and I love the thing. They only bad thing is the gas mileage. I love that it has the third row with out feeling like I'm driving something massive.

Bretnasmommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Haha yea we really want to keep it at a cross over size. I just want the option for the 3rd row. We will keep it down most of the time to give us more trunk space but whenever family/friends came to visit it'll help having a bigger vehicle with the 3rd row option. 

Quoting doodasmomma:

I've got a dodge durango and I love the thing. They only bad thing is the gas mileage. I love that it has the third row with out feeling like I'm driving something massive.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:40 AM
I have 3rd row seating in my pacifica. The draw back to it and all 3rd row seating that folds down when not in use is that when it is in use you lose the back back. With my car right now when the 3rd row is up the only thing that fits behind that seat is umbrella stroller and needless to say that ends up causing problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krissy920
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I have a Mazda cx9 i love that thing so much, its pretty much like the lexus but fully loaded half the price. It drives like a dream and we get compliments on it    frequently ( kinda strange ive never thought to compliment someone on their vehicle)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:43 AM
2 moms liked this

Have you looked at minivans at all?  I know the word sends many of this generation screaming, but I'll tell you.....they are a much more comfortable ride, and get much better gas mileage than the SUVs do.  They drive more like a car, and have decent storage.

Bretnasmommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I had the cx-7 about 4 years ago. My parents paid for it and wanted to trade it in for them to get a new car so I had to get my car now. I should of just kept the Mazda and paid it myself instead of letting them trade it in. I LOVED that car. I have considered the cx-9 too.. My Mazda was also fully loaded and I loved it!

Quoting krissy920:

I have a Mazda cx9 i love that thing so much, its pretty much like the lexus but fully loaded half the price. It drives like a dream and we get compliments on it    frequently ( kinda strange ive never thought to compliment someone on their vehicle)

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

doodasmomma
by Anita on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:44 AM

That usually what I do too. I thought of something else I love. I love the power it has. It's has a V8, all the other suvs I've had had V6's.

Quoting Bretnasmommy:

Haha yea we really want to keep it at a cross over size. I just want the option for the 3rd row. We will keep it down most of the time to give us more trunk space but whenever family/friends came to visit it'll help having a bigger vehicle with the 3rd row option. 

Quoting doodasmomma:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:44 AM
What about a minivan? I always said I wouldn't be caught dead in one but I love it. The seats fold down so can be extra room and its so spacious!
Katt709
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:45 AM
I have a 3rd row in my 06 dodge caravan. I'm not positive it seats 7 though. I'm pretty sure, without carseats, you can put 3 back there. I love that van!
Bretnasmommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I really DONT want a mini van. I will say I have drove them, road in them, and love them. I mainly like all the features. I LOVE that the sliding doors open with the click of a button and all the compartments and how spacious they are but I would like something a little more compact. If I had more kids I'd end up going with a minivan but for now I doubt we will.. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you looked at minivans at all?  I know the word sends many of this generation screaming, but I'll tell you.....they are a much more comfortable ride, and get much better gas mileage than the SUVs do.  They drive more like a car, and have decent storage.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)