Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is why men cheat

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

I am so disgusted with my weight. It is so disgusting. I am pregnant, and it's not the pregnancy that made me over weight.

Nope - not at all ! In fact, I have gained 130 lbs in 3 years !!! 20 of that is pregnancy. I was a beautiful 170 lbs. That was down from 291!! I worked my ass off to lose all of that weight.

Below is a picture of me on September 2nd, 2010. The day of my first date with my now husband.

I won't even post a now picture, because if I get bashed, I will probably have an emotional breakdown.Just imagine 130 lbs added

Over a period of 3 years, I went from a very active job, to a desk job, stopped eating super healthy, and started eating take out and fast food again - I stopped working out. I just got caught up with life and didn't take care of myself.

Now I'm 27 weeks pregnant, so I'm just going to gain more. I am so disgusted with myself. Being obese has led to so many other health problems with this pregnancy. It is all that I can do, to not breakdown in tears every day when I look in the mirror.

I told my husband  that after the baby shower next week, and we start setting up the house for the baby ( baby proofing, putting together the crib and such ) that I want him to bring my treadmill upstairs for me. It's in the basement. My doctor said there is nothing stopping me physically from walking.

I asked my doctor about switching back to only drinking water and the occassional glass of milk, juice or soda, and she prescribed me a new prenatal vitamin, to ensure the baby is getting enough calcium and told me to go for it, just not to exceed 100 oz a day. 

My other goal, non weight related, is to start wearing make up again. I believe that if I can force myself to feel better about myself, I will have more motivation to lose weight.

I plan to go hard core with the weight loss as soon as the baby is born. My nutritionist is going to help me come up with a diet that will be healthy for the baby while I breastfeed, and still encourage weight loss - while fufilling those WANTS that we all have.

So those are my first two steps. When I watch the news, I plan to walk on the treadmill and I'm switching back to water only. I tipped the scale at 301 today. If I can help it, I don't plan on getting any heavier with this pregnancy. I am going to do my best to burn this fat off.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Good luck mama. Your beautiful and I believe u can do it!
brandydesiree
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:27 PM
First, I'll say something positive. Your DH got you pregnant while being overweight, so obviously he's still sexually attracted to you. That's shows he loves you for who you are, not just your weight.

Now, on to the rest. How did you not notice you'd gained so much weight before you got to this point? The heaviest I've ever been outside of pregnancy was 145 and a size 8. When I looked in the mirror, I saw a chunky person. Obesity runs in my family and I knew if I was proactive in keeping myself healthy, I could easily end up like the majority of my family.

Good for you for recognizing you need to get healthier! I would not suggest dieting while pregnant, but the water sounds like a solid plan. Also change your eating habits. Eat only healthy foods from here on out, so that it isn't such a shock to your body after the baby is born.

You're a beautiful girl! You look like my favorite cousin.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:49 PM

It's not that I didn't notice it! I noticed it !! I tried to ignore it.

I have a husband that loves me whole heartedly, and the "you look beautiful" 's and the " you don't need to lose weight " and the "Come on, chipolte isn't going to hurt, you've done good all weeks" on top of telling myself that I'll start in the morning, I'll start on Monday morning. Well let me just wait until I buy a pedometer tomorrow, etc. etc. there was always an excuse.

My aunt posted a photo of me on facebook, and I asked her to please take it down. It was traumatizing. I've got her and my mother telling me how beautiful I am and not to worry about the weight, the swollen knees or cellulite

It's disgusting !! Obesity is so accepted in my family, and my husbands family. I feel like I have no support system half the time. So I'm going to do it for me and my children. I refuse to let them grow up thinking that this nastiness is okay.

I make my son and step daughter play outside from the time we get home after work until dinner time - 2-3 hours. I sit out there while they ride their bikes up and down the street and draw them hop scotches etc. to keep them active, but I'm not doing anything for myself and that's not okay.

Yesterday, we went to the park and I got out there and kicked the ball around with them. It felt GREAT !! The best I have in about a year !!!! My kids of course loved it !!!  but of course, I drove them to the park which is 0.5 miles away from our house, instead of walking.

It's just those little things that I need to change.

I don't plan on dieting, but if I can get into a healthier routine, before this baby is born, and then take my 12 weeks leave to really get motivated and driven, I know that I can get a good start.

Quoting brandydesiree:

First, I'll say something positive. Your DH got you pregnant while being overweight, so obviously he's still sexually attracted to you. That's shows he loves you for who you are, not just your weight.

Now, on to the rest. How did you not notice you'd gained so much weight before you got to this point? The heaviest I've ever been outside of pregnancy was 145 and a size 8. When I looked in the mirror, I saw a chunky person. Obesity runs in my family and I knew if I was proactive in keeping myself healthy, I could easily end up like the majority of my family.

Good for you for recognizing you need to get healthier! I would not suggest dieting while pregnant, but the water sounds like a solid plan. Also change your eating habits. Eat only healthy foods from here on out, so that it isn't such a shock to your body after the baby is born.

You're a beautiful girl! You look like my favorite cousin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN