Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bed bugs! eek!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

My best friend has an infestation of bedbugs. On Saturday I had to watch her daughter for her because she had to work...well I woke up 4 am this morning itching, when I pulled the covers back there it was ,a bed bug! I am so freaked out. It doesn't help that I have 1 month old who I co-sleep with. My husband thinks this is no big deal and I am being dramatic...am I? What should I do? I want to throw away our bed but he is protesting. We have carpet could the bed bugs be in my carpet? I am so pissed because my friend did not tell me about her infestation until I confided in her about what happened to me this morning. I am losing it over here..sigh...Are we now doomed to be infested too?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:19 PM
They are sneaky little bastards. ..I am still dealing with them *sigh*
SageAdvice
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

HEAT!!! heat kills bed bugs - call someone who does a HEAT KILL - they come in and heat up each room to over 200 degrees F and it will eradicate them all. No chemicals - no fumes. It's actually cheaper than a standard exterminator. It also keeps you from having to get rid of all furniture that might contains cloths like couches, mattresses, carpets, etc.

kisha89
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Rubbing alcohol. My husband had a rental property and when tenants move out or leave bed bugs behind that's what he uses and thus far hasn't had any reoccurrences, but he also sprays every other day for like 2 weeks and it has worked for us. Only once did he call an exterminator and replaces carpets (every time) because it was HORRIBLE!
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I'd be PISSED!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexxxxx
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Throwing your bed out may work, but it may not :-/ Bed bugs are AWFUL. I'd be furious with your friend.

We threw away our bed and sprayed the room with rubbing alcohol daily and waited 6 months to get a new bed because we'd think we had them dealt with and then we'd find bites again. We also had to throw out our couch and dressers and replace the carpets.
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:51 PM
NOT being over dramatic... yikes. I would be tossing everything and moving. lol

If you found one there is more.
alexxxxx
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:51 PM
And we caught it early! It never turned into an infestation...if it had, we definitely would've needed an exterminator.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)